Strategy and Booklist for JPSC 2018 Prelims
- There have been many changes in JPSC pattern for last 2 exams, its syllabus has been changed alot. There is no optional in syllabus. Whereas It is a ocean of general studies and covered many subjects and a separate Jharkhand Specific Paper 2 is .
- Hard work with smart tactics and disciplined strategy is essential to crack this exam.
- The notification with High vacancies are about to come in next year. It is the high time to start the preparation as pre examination is hopefully scheduled in Feb-March 2018. Total 6 months preparation with dedication is sufficient to crack this exam.
- Due to huge syllabus, the study should be more wide and less in depth. Well designed material at JPSCnotes may be very useful to cover the whole syllabus in lesser time.
So, the big question is from where to start
- First thing that to be done is to mug the complete syllabus-
or visit Jharkhand PCS Free Notes for detailed syllabus
- Go through the NCERT from 6th to 12 of all the subjects. Details are given here according to syllabus.
- After a sound foundation is prepared the next stage is to refer some important books of good authors of particular subjects.
- Current affairs are playing major role in ICS as well as in all state PSCs, so daily news paper and one monthly magazine is must for qualify.
- Regular Tests are the best way to practice the paper in limited time and to analyze the mistakes. Always remember by giving tests, the brain thinks in passive way with all horizons while by only studying, brain works in active way without pressuring itself. So More pain gives more gain. It is better to join more than one test series. (well prepared test series at JPSCnotes may be very helpful for practice)
- This exam is all about patience and discipline. Regular study with revision is the only key to crack JPSC.
- Make your own time table and strictly follow it every day, weekly revision on Sundays and monthly revision on 30th will be concrete preparation.
- Devote your time (about 1 hr) daily on current affairs and writing practice at least 30 minutes for each.
- Place the maps of world, India and Jharkhand on wall. Use flash cards and small diary for quick revision.
- Don’t overload yourself with stacks of books rather try to complete less books with more revision.
- Dont panic yourself, everything can be done with passion and confidence. Just use your potential and give hundred percent.
Following is the syllabus wise booklist for pre and mains separately.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist two paper of General studies (Paper I) and General Studies of Jharkhand (Paper II).
- It will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks, Total time 3 hrs.
- There will be 100 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks. There will be no negative marking.
Syllabus (PRE) –
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Jharkhand – JPSCnotes free notes, Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Indian History Jpscnotes Free Notes / Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Ancient & Medieval Period – Old NCERT ( 11th & 12th )/ JPSCnotes Free Notes/ Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Modern Period – Old NCERT (12th) / JPSCnotes Free Notes/ Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Geography of World and India JPSCnotes Free Notes Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- World Geography – Certificate physical and human geography by G C Leong / JPSCnotes Free Notes/ Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Geography of India- Indian Geography by Majid Hussian / JPSCnotes Free Notes Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Geography of Jharkhand- JPSCnotes Free NotesExclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Indian Constitution, Political System &Governance- Indian Polity by M. Laximkant / JPSCnotes Free Notes Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Political and Administrative System of Jharkhand – JPSCnotes Free Notes Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy- Indian Economy Book By Ramesh Singh / Economic survey of India / JPSCnotes Free Notes Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Economy of Jharkhand – JPSCnotes Free Notes/Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Science & Technology – NCERT books (class 6 to 10) / Book of TMH Publication / JPSCnotes Free Notes Exclusive Module in PDF/Printed
- Current Affairs – This section is most important as weightage of current events is increasing every year. Read one News paper daily likeThe hindu, Indian express, One local news paper-atleast one monthly magzine-Partiyogita darpan, Lakshya series,etc. and No doubt the JPSCnotes daily current affairs and monthly magzine cover almost every topic related to important news of National, International and state perspecitve.
Regular follow the following government websites –