- E-rickshaws operation on new routes to begin from jan
- Gearing up to introduce the service of battery operated rickshaws in several routes of the Capital City besides the existing old ones, the new permit holders will be allowed to ferry passengers on the designated routes from January 1.
- As many as 987 permits have been distributed this year which will be valid up till December 31, 2018. The officials of Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) have completed the task of distributing route passes to the e-rickshaw drivers a few days back.
- According to the new plan, the Civic Body has considered five zones for which the route passes have been given to the drivers. Booty More area that covers four routes have been selected in zone one while in zone two and zone three which includes the busiest MG Road and Harmu as many as eight routes have been finalized there. Similarly, zone four which includes Namkum area and zone five which covers Dhurwa around five and four routes respectively have been figured out here.
- Meanwhile, the Municipal Corporation has begun the task of maintaining the record of all types of public transportation modes. By far, there is no official record about the number of e-rickshaws, auto-rickshaws which is a major hurdle in clearing the growing traffic chaos. All measures in the past had proved futile to limit the penetration of extra number of e-rickshaws at the major locations.
· Google on United States best workplaces list for 10 consecutive years
- Technology giant Google has ranked 5thon the list of ‘100 best companies to work for in the US in 2018’, marking its 10th consecutive appearanceon the annual list.
- Apple and management consulting firm Bain & Company also featured on the list for the 10th consecutive year.
· UN Women and Facebook Inaugurates ‘We The Women’ Event in Mumbai
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two-day event in Mumbai titled ‘We The Women’ to empower and recognise the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
- The event witnessed speakers from different walks of life including Textile and I&B Minister, Smriti Irani, Sakshi Malik, Mithali Raj, Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar and others.
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year.
- The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- This year’s theme is “Let’s stand up for equality, justice and human dignity”.
· China Starts World’s Biggest Floating Solar Project
- A unit of China Three Gorges Corp. is building a 1 billion yuan ($151 million) floating solar power plant, the world’s biggest, in the nation’s eastern province of Anhui. China Three Gorges New Energy Company started building the 150-megawatt project in July and part of the plant was connected to the grid.
- The project features panels fixed to floats on the surface of a lake that formed after a coal mine collapsed, according to the unit. The entire facility is expected to come online by May 2018.
- India declared free from Trachoma, a bacterial infection of eye
- India has been declared free from infective Trachoma which is a contagious bacterial infection of the eye.
- It causes inflamed granulation on the inner surface of the lids.
- Releasing the National Trachoma Survey Report (2014-17) in New Delhi, Health Minister J P Nadda made an announcement in this regard and termed it as a momentous achievement.
· Central Government will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities
- Centre will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities which will be valid throughout India, Union minister Krishan Pal Gurjar announced.
- At present, an identity card issued by a state is not considered valid in another state, which causes inconvenience to people with disabilities in availing benefits of various government schemes and reservation.
· Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Mane became the first Indian shooters qualified for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Manebecame the first Indian shooters to secure the women’s and men’s quota places for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) by winning a gold and bronze each at the 10th Asian Championship 10M Rifle/Pistol at Wako City, Japan.
· Ministry of External Affairs Celebrates the Flavours of India on Twitter
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has, through the official Twitter handle of India’s Public Diplomacy, shared pictures of traditional ‘thalis’ from all the 29 states of India.
- The campaign went on for a week to share “the healthy and sumptuous food thalis”.
- The aim was to celebrate the unique flavour of every Indian state.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes