- Govt Seeks Stakeholders’ Help For Skill Development
- To make sure that the Government not only stands on its target of providing 25,000 jobs to skilled youths by January 12 next year but also delivers quality workforce to the industry, Chief Secretary Rajbala Verma on Thursday sought help from every single stakeholder who wants to see skill development mission in State turning into a mass movement.
- Verma said that Jharkhand has taken a leap of faith among investors and industries which were eager to tap all the potentials of yet untapped State full of opportunities.
- “The Government tries to employ the youths in the State itself. In this regard, steps have been taken to start 19 and 74 industries in the first and second phases respectively. The CM has targeted to provide the nation the most reliable work force by training 50 lakh youths between 15-30 years age group.
- UN ends 13-year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti
- The UN soldiers left Haiti finishing their 13 year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti.
- A UN peacekeeping mission helped to maintain order in Haiti through 13 years of political turmoil and disaster.
- UN troops reached more than 10,000 in number after the January 2010 earthquake.
- The UN lowered its flag at its headquarters in Port-au-Prince.
- India to conduct the First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’
- The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the lead agency from October 10-13, 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
- This Exercise will be a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
- The main focus of the BIMSTEC DMEx-2017 will be on testing the region’s preparedness and resilience towards effective activation of inter-Governmental interaction/dialogue/agreements for immediate deployment of regional resources for disaster response.
- 9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ opens in Mumbai
- The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai.
- It is an integral part of Asia’s biggest dental event.
- The exhibition was hosted by the Indian Dental Association (IDA).
- It is showcasing the evolving global technologies and techniques in dentistry.
· PM Narendra Modi inaugurate highway projects worth Rs.5,925 crore in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate development projects worth ?5,925 crore during his two-day visit to poll-bound Gujarat.
- He laid the foundation for construction of Rs 962 crore Cable Stayed Signature Bridge between Beyt Dwarka and Okha on NH-51, Gujarat.
- He lay the foundation stone for a greenfield airportlocated near Rajkot and inaugurate a fully automatic milk processing and packaging plant in Surendranagar.
- He will also lay the foundation stone for widening of Ahmedabad-Rajkot section of NH-47to six lanes.
· Indias first Marine Police Training Institute to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the setting up of India’s first marine police training institute at Gujarat‘s Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- This announcement was given at the foundation stone-laying ceremony of a bridge between Okha and Beyt Dwarka, during PM Narendra Modi’s two day visit to Gujarat.
- Bengaluru Metro gets Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II has received Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- The project will be jointly financed by European Investment Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, which will give over Rs. 3,800 crore (EUR 500 million) and Rs. 2,300 crore (EUR 300 million) respectively.