- Saghan Mission Indradhanush To Save 18k Infants
- National Health Mission (Jharkhand) is all set to conduct life saving mission for infants up to two years and pregnant women in two districts of State from October 10 in State.
- The mission which is scheduled to run till January 7 next year in Jharkhand targets vaccination of already identified 10,012 infants and 2,703 pregnant women in Giridih and 7,853 infants in same age group and 3,385 pregnant women to provide cover from seven deadly diseases widely claiming lives of infants in country.
- Notably, the Government of India is also launching a new vaccination campaign against Measles and Rubella diseases named Measles Rubella (MR2) Campaign-2018 in Jharkhand from April 2018 for children of age group between nine months and 15 years. After the campaign of vaccinating targeted children is over, this vaccine will replace single Measles vaccine in existing vaccination chain.
· India and European Union 14th summit, Three key pacts inked; both sides agree to strengthen trade and security ties
- India and the European Union agreed to strengthen ties in key areas of trade and security af
ter their 14th summit, which was held on 6th October, 2017. The two sides also inked three pacts, including one on an international solar alliance. India and the EU have been strategic partners since 2004. Important Persons: President of the European Council – Mr. Donald Franciszek Tusk President of the European Commission – Mr. Jean-Claude Juncker.
· PAN, Aadhaar card not mandatory for jewellery purchase above Rs 50,000
- The Finance Ministry announced that PAN (Permanent Account Number) card and Aadhaar carddetails will not be mandatory for jewellery purchases above 50,000.
- Any entity dealing in gems, jewellery that has a turnover of Rs. 2 crore or more in a financial year will not be covered under PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002)
- This decision was taken at the 22nd GST Council meeting.
- President to Inaugurate India Water Week 2017
- President Shri Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate India Water Week – 2017 on October 10, 2017 in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari and Union Ministers of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal and Shri Dr. Satya Pal Singh.
- About 1500 delegates from India and 13 other countries will attend the five day international event. The theme of India Water Week – 2017 is “Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth”.
- The 5th edition of India Water Week (IWW) will be celebrated with a multi disciplinary conference and a concurrently running exhibition enriching the theme and showcasing the technologies and solutions available for the areas under deliberation of the meet.
- Three-day Global Medical Conference Begins In Chandigarh
- A three-day international conference, aimed at engaging industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs, began at CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) in Chandigarh.
- CSIR-IMTECH is a premier microbial institute under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Science and Technology.
- The aim of the conference ‘IMTechCon 2017’ is to engage industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs globally.
- First Edition of the ASEAN India Music Festival held in New Delhi
- Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India in collaboration with Ministry of Cultu
- re and Seher presents the first ever ASEAN-India Music Festival from October 6th-8th 2017 at Purana Quila in New Delhi.
- The Festival is being organised to celebrate the 25th year anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue Relations.
- The theme for this commemorative year “Shared Values, Common Destiny” along with this Music Festival aims to boost cultural influences among the peoples of the ASEAN member states and India.
- ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2017’
- The “Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2017” will be held from 7th to 9th October, 2017 in India’s 1st World Heritage City i.e Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
- So far, this Ministry has organised 5 RSM’s i.e 2 in Delhi, 1 each in Varanasi, Bengaluru and RSM North East in all NE State capitals.