- CM Das to distribute soil health cards to 50K farmers
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das will distribute soil health cards to 50,000 farmers in a grand ceremony to be organised in Hotwar on August 21. This is for the first time that soil quality of land, for providing soil health card, will be tested for the plot of each farmer instead of collecting sample grid wise.
- The soil health card scheme was started in the year 2015 to check the quality of soil in farming lands. Till date, in order to provide soil health card, the irrigated agricultural land was divided in grids of 2.5 hectares and the non-irrigated land was divided in 10 hectare grids and the soil samples were collected from these grids.
- Another major change would be that instead of the soil card being distributed by krishi mitras or on PPP mode, the cards will now be distributed by members of self help groups (SHGs)
- As a part of pilot project, as many as 300 Mitti Ke Doctors have already been trained. The training period for the remaining soil doctors will of 10 days.
· India contributes $1 million to UN fund
- India contributed$1 million to the UN Special Purpose Trust Fund for the Resident Coordinator System.
- The Special Purpose Trust Fund (SPTF)is a specific fund housed within the UN Secretariat established to receive, consolidate, manage and account for all contributions and financial transactions of the new Resident Coordinator system in a transparent and effective way.
- The fund was establishedto receive, consolidate, manage and account for all contributions and financial transactions of the new Resident Coordinator system in a transparent and effective way.
- During his second visit to Bhutan PM Narendra Modi, he held talks with his Bhutanese counterpart Lotay Tshering to further expand the bilateral partnership across several sectors.
- The leaders of the two countries signed 10 MoUsin fields like new energy, education, space research, aviation, IT, power and education. The talks also aimed to further improve economic and cultural ties between the two countries.
- PM Modi also inaugurated the Mangdechhu hydroelectric power plant which was built on the Mangdechhu River in Trongsa Dzongkhag district of central Bhutan. The cost of the720MW plant was 4,500 crore. The project represents the relationship between India and Bhutan.
- PM Modi also launched stamps to commemorate five decades ofIndia-Bhutan hydropower cooperation.
- The leaders unveiled an e-plaque on the interconnection betweenIndia’s National Knowledge Network and Bhutan’s Druk Research and Education Network. It marked India as the major partner in the development of Bhutan as India actively cooperates in Bhutan’s five-year plans.
· Ladakh seeks tribal area status
- Leaders of Ladakh have appealed to the Centre to declare the region a tribal-area status under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution. The move comes as the people are concerned to protect their land, culture, and identity after the abrogation of article 370 and the announcement of Ladakh as a Union Territory.
- The Sixth Schedule of the Indian Constitution provides provisions for the administration of tribal areas in fournorth-eastern states namely Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Mizoram. The schedule includes Articles 244(2) and 275(1). It provides for the administration of tribal areas in the states after setting up the autonomous district and regional councils. The states are provided with special provisions in terms of governance, powers of the president and the governor, type of local bodies, alternate judicial mechanisms, financial powers, etc.
· Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan Dhan scheme launched
- The NDA-led government in its second term is to launchPradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-Dhan scheme on 19 August. The pension scheme for small traders functions under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. The proposal for the scheme was approved by the cabinet on May 31, 2019. The scheme was notified by the Ministry on July 22.
- The Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-Dhan scheme aims to target enrolling 25 lakh subscribers in 2019-2020and 2 crore by 2023-2024. The pension scheme was modelled for unorganized sector workers. In the Union Budget 2019-20, the Centre has reserved750 crore for the scheme.
- Under the scheme, traders aged between 18 and 40 who have an annual turnover of less than Rs.1.5 croreare eligible. The subscribers should contribute a monthly amount that will be matched by the government. The amount will vary depending on the age at which they enter the scheme. Upon turning 60, the subscribers will get 3,000 as monthly pension.
- The provisions of the scheme are applicable to Iaghu vyaparis, who are self-employed and working as shop owners, oil mill owners, workshop owners, commission agents, brokers of real estate, retail traders, rice mill owners, owners of small hotels, restaurants and other Iaghu vyaparis.
· India to host World Youth Chess Championship
- For the first time ever,Indiais to host the World Youth Chess Championship 2019. The All India Chess Federation (AICF) won the bid to conduct the World Youth and Junior Chess championships 2019 in the country. The championship will be held from 1 October to 13 October 2019 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.The championship aims to produce many young stars and aspire to take part in such world events.
- The World Chess Federationconducts 15 World-Level Tournaments in a year.
The Youth Tournament will be held in three age categories in both the open and girls group.
- The participants include around 700 young Chess masters from over 100 Chess playing countries. Six World Champions will be crowned at this Tournament.
- Navy to host multi-lateral exercise ‘MILAN’ in Visakhapatnam
- The Indian Navy would be hosting ‘MILAN’, a multilateral naval exercise in Visakhapatnam in March 2020.
- The MILAN series of biennial exercises, which commenced in 1995 and conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) until last year.
- Last year’s edition was conducted for the first time on the mainland at the eastern naval command (ENC).
· India clinched gold at Under- 12 Asian Tennis Team Championship 2019 in Kazakhstan
- India won gold at the Under 12 Asian Tennis Team championship. The event held in Kazakhstan. India defeated Chinese Taipei in the score 2-1 in the summit clash to win the title.
- The final was a tie of three matches. Indian Team won both the singles matches.
The team comprised ofManas Dhamme, Arnav Paprakar and Tamil Nadu’s Pranav Rethin. Manas and Rethin won their singles matches.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes