India to be the focus country in Jerusalem Film Festival, 2020
- India was positioned as an attractive filming destination by highlighting the steps taken to ease the process of obtaining permissions for filming in India through the Film Facilitation Office (FFO) which facilitates Single Window Clearance for film-makers.
- The Indian Delegation highlighted the opportunity of utilizing the abundant talent pool of skilled professionals and technicians and projected the possibility of India emerging as a major post-production hub.
Spanish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton wins Spanish Grand Prix: F1
- Lewis Hamilton won the Spanish Grand Prix for a third consecutive year after overtaking Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas at the first turn in Barcelona.
Madrid Open 2019 winners
- Men’s Singles>>>Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas, 6–3, 6–4
- Women’s Singles>>Kiki Bertens defeated Simona Halep, 6–4, 6–4
- Men’s Doubles>>>Jean-Julien Rojer / Horia Tec?u defeated Diego Schwartzman / Dominic Thiem 6–2, 6–3.
- Women’s Doubles>>Taipei Hsieh Su-wei / Barbora Strýcová defeated Gabriela Dabrowski / Xu Yifan, 6–3, 6–1
Young Scientist Programme (Yuvika-2019)
- ISRO inaugurated the Young Scientist Programme (Yuvika-2019) through video mode from ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru on May 13, 2019.
- Yuvika Program is primarily aimed at imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities.
- The two week long residential training programme will cover invited talks and experience sharing by the eminent scientists, facility and lab visits, hands on training, exclusive sessions for discussions with experts and a feedback session.
Payment And Settlement Systems In India: Vision – 2019-2021 By Rbi
- Core Theme – Empowering Exceptional (E)Payment Experience
- Vision Statement – Empower every Indian with access to a bouquet of e-payment options that is safe, secure, convenient, quick and affordable.
- the Vision aims towards:-
- enhancing the experience of Customers;
- empowering payment System Operators and Service Providers;
- enabling the Eco-system and Infrastructure;
- putting in place a Forward-looking Regulation;
- supported by a Risk-focussed Supervision.
World’s first woman to cross Atlantic Ocean in LSA
- Captain Aarohi Pandit, a 23-year-old pilot from Mumbai became the world’s first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA)
World number one in 10 m air rifle
- Apurvi Chandela on 01st May, 2019, attained the world number 1 position in the women’s 10m air rifle event while compatriot Anjum Moudgil rose to number two position.
- The rifle ace from Jaipur is among the five Indian shooters to have already secured 2020 Olympics quotas for the country.
- Chandela shot a world record score of 252.9 to clinch gold at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup in February, 2019.