The Jharkhand Public Service Commission was Constituted under the provisions of the Article 315 of the Constitution of India by the Governor of Jharkhand vide Notification . Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) was established with the aim of making a commission fully responsible for making the recruitment for the government posts in the state. The main objective of the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) is to conduct written competitive examination and also the interviews for the selections of the candidates for any government posts in the state
The functions of the Commission are enumerated in the Article 320 of the constitution.
The statutory functions of the Commission are as follows:-
- Direct Recruitment (Article 320 (1))
- Recruitment by transfer (Article 320(3)(b))
- Statutory rules relating to services (Article 320 (3)(a)&(b)
- Disciplinary cases (Article 320(3))
- Reimbursement of legal expenses (Article 320(3)(d))
- Wound and extraordinary pension cases (Article 320(3)(e))
In addition the Commission is entrusted with the following items of work:-
- Conduct of Departmental Tests for several departments.
- Conduct of examination for admission to RIMC, Dehradun.
- Conduct of Half yearly examination for IAS and IPS Officers and Proficiency tests for AIS Officers.
- Watching of temporary appointments exceeding 3 months and according concurence for their continuance
- Consultation in cases of appointment of contract extending over 5 years .
Under Article-321. of Constitution of India ,an Act made by the Legislature of Jharkhand may provide for the exercise of additional functions by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission as respects the services of the State and also as respects the services of any local authority or other body corporate constituted by law or of any public institution.
The expenses of the Jharkhand State Public Service Commission, including any salaries, allowances and pensions payable to or in respect of the members or staff of the Commission, shall be charged on the Consolidated Fund of Jharkhand.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes