- The work for Rs 522-crore road project approved by Jharkhand Govt.
- The state cabinet sanctioned Rs 522 crore for road construction projects in 13 districts. The 11-member cabinet headed by chief minister Raghubar Das sanctioned Rs 173 crore for a 44-km road between Jagannathpur and Barkela in West Singbhum district.
- A sum of Rs 49 crore was allotted for a 27 km stretch of road between Raghunathpur and Barmasiya in Dumka district. Projects have been sanctioned in Ramgarh, Gumla, Deoghar, East Singbhum, Dumka, Koderma, Hazaribag, Sahibganj, Godda and Bokaro districts.
- India and Sri Lanka Begin Joint Naval Exercise SLINEX 2017
- Indian Navy and Sri Lankan Navy begin the 2017 Sri Lanka-India Exercise (SLINEX) at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The biennial Joint Indo-Lanka Maritime Fleet Exercisewill conclude on 14th September.
- It paves the way for operational effectiveness through a common understanding of neighboring Navies.
- It mainly emphasis on maintaining effective maritime security in the region by integrating forces through cooperation, coordination, and collaboration leading to a mutual understanding of limitations and capabilities, to enhance service interoperability and system compatibility in countering challenges.
- Nestle Sets up First Food Safety Institute in India.
- The newFood Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) CEO Pawan Kumar Agarwal inaugurated the Nestle Food Safety Institute in Manesar, Gurugram.
The partnerships with private parties on food safety and standards are an imperative for FSSAI.
It is an effort to implement a first world regulatory ecosystem in India.
The company is working with Nestle India for setting up the institute at Manesar.
- International Literacy Day is observed on September 8th
- The International Literacy Day (ILD) is being observed every year on 8 September to emphasize the importance of literacy to individuals, society.
- The theme of UNESCO for the year 2017 is `Literacy in a digital world’.
- This year it is 51st International Literacy Day.
- The main aim is to mobilize public opinion in favour of struggle against illiteracy.
- The day was established in 1966 by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- India’s first Hyperloop to come up in Andhra Pradesh.
- India’s first Hyperloop project will come up in Andhra Pradesh connecting its city centres, Vijayawada and Amaravati.
- Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) for developing the project.
- Hyperloop Technology is brainchild idea of technology entrepreneur Elon Musk who dubs it as the fifth mode of transportation.
- It is a system of magnetically levitating capsules (pods) that are sent at high speeds through low-pressure tubes.
- India’s Sonam wins Gold in Cadet World Wrestling Championship
- India’s Sonam 43 kilogram weight categorywins Gold in Cadet World Wrestling Championship.
- Wrestler Neelam also bagged Bronze Medal in the 43-kilogram weight category.
- Meanwhile, Four other wrestlers Simran, Manisha, Minakshi, Karuna will also fight for Bronze Medal in different weight categories.
- Nagaland to implement DBT under MGNREGA.
- Nagaland starts implementing Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) beginning from the current financial year.
- Presently, 46,894 active MGNREGA workers have opened their bank accounts linked with Aadhar and are ready for DBT.
- A total of 1.79 lakh MGNREGA workers have been verified with Aadhar and being processed for an opening bank account.
- Currently, there is 4.25 lakh active job cards with 5.82 lakh active MGNREGA workers in the state.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes