- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration
- Putting up a brave face, the State Government may even go on taking back the consent given to the Centre for implementing direct benefit transfer in ration. The scheme providing money directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act against food grains has been implemented at Nagri near Ranchi on pilot basis.
- Recalling the earlier efforts taken by the Department in this direction and objecting to the provisions made for DBT in ration, the Minister said that rules were needed to be amended before it was implemented at Nagri. “We had informed the Centre and Niti Aayog in writing that several provisions of three different laws namely NFSA, DBT Act and Pahal Act coming into play here in DBT in ration are contradictory. This would fail the system. Banking connectivity is missing, banks are missing.
· SIPRI Yearbook 2018 Released, Number of Peacekeepers Declined
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) launches the findings of SIPRI Yearbook 2018, which assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security.
- At the start of 2018 nine states – the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) – possessed approximately 14,465 nuclear weapons.
· India hopes to open Chabahar port of Iran by 2019 amid US sanctions
- India is trying to make Chabahar Port in Iran operational by 2019, despite a threat of renewed US sanctions against Tehran.
- The port would offer easy accessibility toCIS countries, Transport and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari said in the statement.
· One lakh people perform Yoga in Rajasthan, create world record
- On the occasion of International Yoga Day on June 21, More than 1 lakh people together performed Yoga in Rajasthan’s Kotato create Guinness World Record.
- CM Vasundhara Raje Scindia was present at the venue along with Yoga guru Ramdev, who conducted the yoga session.
- Earlier, 55,000 people of Mysore held the record of the largest crowd performing yoga.
· Cabinet approves 3 Year Action Plan of Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Three Year Action Plan (2017-2020)of the scheme for Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes with an outlay of 2225.46 crore.
- It comprises of:
“Strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education in India – Rs. Rs.2050.00 crore;
ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) – Rs. 24.25 crore and
ICAR – Central Institute of Women in Agriculture (CIWA) including All India Coordinated Research Project on Home Science (AICRP-HS) – Rs.151.21 crore.
· Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty
- To honour soldiers who have been disabled in line of duty, while serving the Nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of ‘Soldiering’, Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty’.
· India launches its first national healthcare facility registry
- The Union ministry of health and family welfare launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR), the first ever registry in the country registry of authentic, standardised and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner for providing data security.
- It was launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda.
· Three MoUs signed and 6 at an advanced stage under Adopt a Heritage Scheme
- Under “Adopt a Heritage Scheme“, three MoUs have already been signed and six are at an advanced stage and 31 more Adarsh Monuments are enlisted for coverage under the scheme.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India.
- The four MoUs include: 1. Mount Stok Kangri Trek Route, Ladakh
Gangotri Temple Area & Trail to Gaumukh, Uttarakhand
- Red Fort, Delhi
4. Gandikota Fort, Andhra Pradesh
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes