- CM connects jharkhand with saubhagya scheme
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das rolled out center’s Saubhagya scheme, meant to provide power connectivity to every household, in the State. Prime Minister had earlier this year announced the scheme for the country that also talks about several consumer oriented reforms in the field of power supply.
- The Government during its three years tenure has taken power connections to 13 lakh new homes and we are aiming to cover the remaining 17.64 lakh households by December 2018.
- There are 248 such villages located in hilly and difficult terrains.
- Some such villages like Pesrar of Lohardaga, Gudri of West Singhbhum, Garu of Latehar and Bandaria of Garhwa have been covered in that way. The Government is also working to have separate grids for domestic and farming purposes,” he added.
- Under the Saubhagya scheme over 17.64 lakh families in rural areas and 1.64 in urban areas would be provided power connection in the State. Poor families would be provided free power connectivity while the APL families would have to pay just Rs 500 for this which can also be paid in easy installments.
· China successfully tested its first Photovoltaic road
- China successfully tested its first photovoltaic (solar) highway based on home-grown technology in country’s eastern Shandong province.
- With this, China became the second country in the world to construct a photovoltaic highway.
- China’s photovoltaic highway is constructed using solar panels which have a thin sheet of transparent concrete on top of them, protecting the surface.
· George Weah Elected Liberian President
- Former football star George Weah elected as Liberia’s president.
- The closest rival of Mr. Weah was his opponent Joseph Boakai.
- Weah won the elections with more than 60% of the vote.
- He succeeded Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Africa’s first elected female president, in Liberia’s first democratic handover in decades.
- India ranked 90th among 163 countries in the positive peace index
- Despite the unrest in the last one year, there is an atmosphere of peace in 93rd countries.
- In the ranking released by the Institute of Economics and Peace named Positive Peace Index 2017, India has been ranked 90th among 163 countries.
- Sweden, Switzerland and Finland are the top three countries respectively In the index.
- Haryana becomes first state to offer protected price for vegetables
- Haryana is all set to become the first state in the country to fix a protected price for vegetable crops.
- The farmers will be ensured of protected price for their vegetables under the ‘Bhavantar Bharpai Yojna’ or the price deficit compensation scheme.
- Agriculture Minister Om Prakash Dhankar said the primary objective of this scheme is to ensure that the farmers must not face the distress sale of their produce.
· Pluto Exchange Launches Indias First Bitcoin Trading App
- Cryptocurrency dealer‘Pluto Exchange’announced the launch of India’s first mobile application for transacting in virtual currencies.
- The Pluto Exchange mobile app offers a solution to the coordination problem between payment processors, financial gateways and banks.
- The app would permit a range of transactions, including payments, remittances, business-to-business commerce, supply chain finance, asset management and trading.
- ISRO to launch 31 satellites in a single mission onboard PSLV
- ISRO has announced that it would launch 31 satellites, including India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation space craft, in a single mission onboard its Polar rocket on January 10.
- The mission will be the first Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) mission after the unsuccessful launch of navigation satellite IRNSS-1H in August.
- The mission’s main payload would be India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation satellite.
- Centre pumps Rs. 7,577 cr into 6 public sector banks
- Coming to the rescue of ailing banks, the Centre has pumped in capital of ?7,577 crore in various weak public sector banks.
- The government has released Rs. 2,257 crore to Bank of India, which was recently placed under prompt corrective action by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The other big beneficiary of the latest capital infusion round is IDBI Bank, which has received Rs.2,729 crore, sources said.
- Viswanathan Anand wins World Rapid Chess Championship
- Viswanathan Anand lifted the World rapid chess championship in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- The genial genius from Chennai, who defeated Magnus Carlsen of Norway earlier in the tournament, went on to finish on top with 10.5 points at the end of the 15th and final round.
- In the final, Anand beat Russia’s Vladimir Fedoseev to reclaim the title he had won in 2003.
- The women’s title was won by China’s Ju Wenjun.
· GAIL awards major contracts for Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga
- State-run Gas (India) Limited (GAIL) placed orders for another 400-km natural gas pipeline project under ambitious Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga (PMUG).
- With this, the total pipe supply orders for 2,100 km of Jagdishpur-Haldia & Bokaro-Dhamra Natural Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) projecthave been placed.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes