- 5,300 poor families to get free power connection by may 5
- As many as 5,300 families belonging to the economically backward classes are all set to get free electricity connection by May 5 this year.
- Besides, installing electric connections, the department will also provide electric cable, switchboard, LED bulb and electric meters in those houses at its own cost.
- Under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana, 10,293 beneficiaries will get free electricity connections; directive has been issued to all BDO’s of the district, informed Ravi Ranjan Mishra Deputy Development Commissioner Bokaro.
- The electricity department officials also have asked to install camps in all blocks to submit the applications form for all beneficiaries so that connections could be provided to them.
· Swaziland King Changes Country’s Name To ‘Kingdom Of ESwatini’
- Swaziland’s KingMswati III, Africa’s last absolute monarch, officially changed the name of his country to the ‘Kingdom of eSwatini’.
- Accordingly, the country, a member of the Commonwealth, will now be known by its historic name of eSwatini.
- The announcement was made during the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the King’s 50th birthday as well as the 50th anniversary of Swazi’s independence from British colonial rule.
- World’s oldest person Nabi Tajima passes away at 117
- The world’s oldest person, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died. Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital in southern Japan.
- She became the world’s oldest person seven months ago after the death of Violet Brown in Jamaica, also at the age of 117
- Civil Service Day: 21 April
- The Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21 April every year.
- The purpose for this day is to rededicate and recommit themselves to the cause of the people.
- It is observed by all Civil Services. This day gives civil servants the opportunity for introspection and thinking about future strategies.
· India Forms Committee to Reform Higher Defence Planning
- The Union Government formed a new integrated institutional mechanism, Defence Planning Committee (DPC)to reform the process of higher defense planning.
- The permanent body would be chaired by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
- The committee is aimed at driving the country’s military and national security strategy, draft capability development plans, and guide and accelerate defense equipment acquisitions.
- The Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman of the Chief of the Staff Committee (CISC)will be the member secretary of the committee.
· SJVN Signs MoU With Ministry Of Power
- SJVN Limited signed a MoU with Ministry of Power for the year 2018-19.
- As per the targets set in the MOU, SJVN shall strive to achieve 9200 Million Units generation during the year under ‘Excellent’ category.
- Further, SJVN will have Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) target of Rs. 900 crore and Turnover target of Rs. 2175 crore under the Excellent category.
- TCS first Indian company with $100 billion market cap
- Tata Consultancy Services has touched $100 billion mark in market capitalisation as its share price surged nearly 7%.
- The IT major is the first listed Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- TCS is the leading the chart as the most valued firm followed by Reliance Industries Ltd, HDFC Bank, ITC and HUL in the top-five list.
· Union Minister Vijay Goel Launches Central Project Monitoring Unit for E-Vidhan Project
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Vijay Goelinaugurated the new office of Central Project Monitoring Unit for the e-Vidhan project of the Government at the Parliament House Annexe.
- This was done as a part of Swachhata Pakhwada being observed by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- e-Vidhan is a part of the broader Digital India Programme of the Government and is likely to contribute to the cleanliness and environment by reducing the use of papers to a great extent.
· E-SANAD Portal and National Academic Depository Integrated
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD)launched integration of e-SANAD portal and NAD – National Academic Depository in a bid to make education system in India more transparent.
- e-Sanad is a project aimed at online submission and verification of documents with the ultimate object to extend contactless, cashless, faceless and paperless document attestation service.
- NAD is a 24X7 online storehouse of all academic awards viz. diplomas certificates, degrees, mark-sheets etc.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes