Indian constituent assembly framed our constitution and its success and sustainability even after 70 years is commendable. But there are certain features which opens the gate for criticism. These are as follows:
- It was not the representative body as members were not directly elected.
- It was not the sovereign body as it was not constituted on the basis of popular will.
- The body took unnecessary long time and it was time consuming affair.
- The body was dominated by congress. Constituent assembly was dominated by one party.
- Members were majorly from Lawyer class.
- Body was dominated by Hindus.