The group comprised of
- Vetala Bhatta
- Kalidasa was a famous Sanskrit writer and poet in the court of Chandragupta II (Vikramaditya).
- Kalidasa was the author of three famous plays.
- Abhijnanasakuntalam :tells the story of King Dushyanta and Shakuntala
- Malavikagnimitramtells the story love of King Agnimitra with Malavika
- Vikramorvasiyamtells the love story of King Pururavas and celestial fairy Urvashi
- Kalidasa was also the author of two famous Sanskrit epic poems:
- Raghuvamsa (“Raghu Dynasty “) and
- Vetala Bhatta was a Brahmin in the court of Vikramaditya.
- He is known for his contribution of “Nitipradipa “.
- Varahamihira was an Indian astronomer, astrologer and mathematician of Gupta era.
- He is famously known for his great work Pancha Siddhantika,a book on mathematical astronomy.
- His other important contribution to the Indian Sanskrit literature is the Brihat-Samhita, an encyclopedia of astrology and other subjects of human interest.
- Vararuci was one of the nine Gems in the court of Chandragupta II of Gupta era.
- Amarasimha was one of the nine Gems in the court of Vikramaditya of Gupta era.
- He is notably known for his famous Sanskrit thesaurus Amarakosha.
- It is also known as Namalinganushasana.
- Dhanvantari is regarded as one of the worlds first surgeons and medical practitioner from Gupta era.
- He is considered as the origin exponent of Ayurveda.
- He is also worshipped as the God of Medicine.
- Sushruta, the author of famous Sushruta Samhita was the student of Dhanvantari.
- He is also credited for the discovery of the antiseptic properties of turmeric and the preservative properties of salt.
- Dhanvantri is considered to be the pioneer of modern plastic surgery.