The fourth industrial revolution is a technological revolution that will fundamentally alter the way we live, work and relate to one another.
- The 4threvolution will be characterized by the advent of cyber-physical systems which, while being reliant on the technologies and infrastructure of the third industrial revolution, represent entirely new ways in which technology becomes embedded within societies and even our human bodies. Examples include genome editing, new forms of machine intelligence, and breakthrough approaches to governance that rely on cryptographic methods such as blockchain.
Components of Fourth Industrial revolution 4.0:
- Big data
- Computational power and connectivity
- Artificial intelligence
- Internet of things
Advantages to India:
- India’s Prowess in IT sector
- It will help to improve the governance
- It will help in decentralisation
- Will boost the agricultural productivity, technological benefits to our agriculture and farmers
- Digital economy, reduced corruption, e-health