· PM likely to launch ayushman bharat in state on sept 25
ð Prime Minister Narendra Modi may visit Jharkhand on September25 to launch ‘Ayushman Bharat’ the world largest health protection scheme on the birth anniversary of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay.
ð Ayushman Bharat- the National Health Protection Scheme, is the flagship project of our Prime Minister, which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families which approximately 50 crore beneficiaries, providing coverage upto Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
ð It is an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database.
ð The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public as well as empanelled private hospitals. To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on the package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
ð All total 68 lakhs residents of Jharkhand would be proposed to get the benefits of the scheme
ð The Central government will pay 60 percent amount, while the State government will pay 40 per cent amount under this National Health Protection Scheme for the BPL or poor and vulnerable families. For the APL families they will entitle for the benefits after paying their contribution amount which yet to be decided.
ð It would subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
ð Benefits of this scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public or private empanelled hospitals across the country.
· Iran unveiled its first domestic fighter jet named ‘Kowsar’
- The aircraft is nicknamed ‘Kowsar’, which in Islam is ariver in paradise and also the title of a chapter in the Koran.
- This defence programme was motivated by repeated threats from Israel and the US.
- Iran celebrates National Defence Industry Day on August 22.
· First-ever IAF-RMAF joint air exercise begins in Malaysia
- This is the inaugural bilateral exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and the the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).
- It is the first ever bilateral exercise launching two Sukhoi Su-30MKM and Su-30MKI Flankers each from Subang airport.
- Cyclone Warning Centre to be set up in Thiruvananthapuram
- With several incidents of tropical cyclones and severe weather events striking over Kerala and Karnataka coasts in the recent times, the Union Ministry of Earth Sciences is proposing to set up a Cyclone Warning Centre in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Ministry is planning to set up the Centre in another one month.
- At present, IMD has cyclone warning centres only at Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
- Chhattisgarh to rename its new capital Atal Nagar
- Chhattisgarh’s new capital, Naya Raipur, will be renamed “Atal Nagar” after late former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajapyee.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of Chhattisgarh Cabinet chaired by chief minister Raman Singh in Raipur.
- Naya Raipur is India’s sixth planned city after Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Gandhi Nagar (Gujarat), Chandigarh (Punjab and Haryana), and Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra).
- Seven?states get new governors, Malik replaces Vohra in J&K
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed seven new governors, the most significant of which was the appointment of Bihar’s governor Satya Pal Malik as the new governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lalji Tandon: Bihar
Satyadev Narayan Arya: Haryana
Baby Rani Maurya: Uttarakhand.
Ganga Prasad: Sikkim
Tathagata Roy: Meghalaya
Kaptan Singh Solanki: Tripura.
- Saurabh Chaudhary becomes India’s youngest Asian Games gold medallist
- Saurabh Chaudhary, all of 16, became the youngest Indian shooter to win an Asian Games gold medal as he trumped a field comprising multiple world and Olympic champions in the 10m air pistol finals.
- Chaudhary aggregated 240.7 to finish at the top and become the fifth Indian shooter to win an Asian Games gold.
- The seasoned Sanjeev Rajput then won the silver in the 50m rifle 3 positions.
· VVS Laxman wrote down his autobiography titled ‘281 and Beyond’
- The autobiography will be released by the Westland Publications on November 20, 2018.
- Indian cricketer VVS Laxman who announced his retirement from international cricket in 2012, played 134 Tests, scoring 8,781 runs at an average of 45.97.
- He also played in 86 ODIs for an aggregate of 2338 and average of 30.76 in the shorter format.
· Shane Warne autobiography No Spin to be released in October
- Australian cricketer Shane Warne’s autobiography “No Spin”will have a global release on October 4. The memoir is written with cricketer and TV presenter Mark Nicholas.
- Warne played his first Test match in 1992, and took over 1,000international wickets (in Tests and One-Day Internationals).
- He also captained the Rajasthan Royals to victory in the IPL in 2008.
· Centre ruled out the ban on fire crackers on Diwali
- The Centre announced a national ban on firecrackersin order to combat pollution during Diwali. It also suggested an alternative measure as the production of green crackers community fireworks events in major cities and to freeze the production of series crackers or laris.
- The Supreme Court announced the blanket ban on fireworks in its reply to the plea sought by the people for a complete nationwide ban on the use, manufacture, licensing, sale, resale or distribution of firecrackers and sparklers to fight pollutionon an emergency basis.
- The Tamil Nadu government asked for the restrained use of firecrackers but not a total ban on the firecrackers for Diwali.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes