PLAN OF EXAMINATION :
The competitive examination comprises three successive stages
viz : –
(1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
(2) Main Examination (Objective & Conventional)
The preliminary examination will consist of the one paper (General Studies) of which answer
sheet shall be on OMR sheets. The syllabus is mentioned in appendix-5 of this advertisement The
prescribed time for paper is two hours (9.30 am. to 11.30 am.) and prescribed maximum marks for
paper is 300 & No. of questions will be 150.
MAIN (WRITTEN) EXAMINATION
The main examination will consist two compulsory papers – lst question paper General Studies
(Objective), Maximum marks 200, Time 2 hours (9.30 am to 11.30 am.) & no. of question 120 and
IInd question paper (Conventional) General Hindi & Hindi Essay, Total marks 200, Time 3 hours
(2.00 pm. to 5.00 p.m.). This question paper contains two parts (first part General Hindi – 100
marks and Second part Hindi Essay – 100 marks).
SYLLABUS FOR GENERAL STUDIES (PRE. EXAMINATION)
M.M. -300 Time-2 hrs. No. Of questions- 150
(1) History of india and Indian National movement :- in History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and politic, aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
(2) Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of india and the World :- Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of lndia In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
(3) lndian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights-issues etc :- Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political- system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
(4) Indian Economy and Social Development :- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisation, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
(5) Current Events of National and lnternational Importance :- This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
(6) lndian Agriculture :- The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
(7) General Science :- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
(8) Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level :- Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Note:- The candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above
topics with special reference to UP.
SYLLABUS FOR GENERAL STUDIES (MAIN EXAMINATION)
M.M. – 200 Time -2 hrs. No. of questions -120
(1) Current Affairs of National and International Importance – This will also include questions on Sports & Games.
(2) Logical and Critical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
(3) General Mental Ability – Questions as would test candidates‘ result-oriented aptitude
(4)Statistical Analysis – Graphs and Diagrams, as would test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form.
(5) General Awareness and Knowledge of lndian Constitution and Panchayati Raj system
(6) Computer Knowledge – introduction to computers, Hardware & Software, Computer Network, Internet & E-mail.
(7) Gandhian Thoughts – Political, Social and Economic spheres.
(8) UP. specific questions – On Education, Culture, Agriculture, Population, Trade & Commerce, Social Customs, industries etc.
(9) Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision making and Problem-solving.
(10) General Human behaviours – Discipline, Morality, Leadership, Women-empowerment.
(11) General Science – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of india.
(3) Personality Test ( Viva – voce) – Total Marks – 50
The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, Character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.