- Welcome To The Garbage Capital Of Jharkhand
- Bringing in the concept of initiating a cleanliness drive during the late night hours just before ‘Diwali’ to ensure cleanliness within urban vicinity, the solid waste management disposal system despite several alteration is again back to square one.
- Be it Kadru, Station Road, MG Marg, New Market or other major avenues, in spite of the recent orders of Municipal Commissioner, Shaantanu Kumar Agrahari to streamline the service, neither the concerned company, ESSEL Infra nor the Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) sanitation team appears serious about one of the most pivotal civic issue.
- Also, even after cancelling the holidays, weekly offs of the labourers involved in the sanitation work few days back, the strategy proved futile as the status of handling solid waste remains the same here. At present, ESSEL infra is managing 33 wards out of 55 wards. Rest other wards are handled by the RMC team.
· Nepal tops Asia Pacific list of nations elected to UNHRC
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) elected 15 States to serve on the United Nations Human Rights Council(UNHRC) of which Nepal topped the countries representing the Asian Group in the 47-member
- UNHRC, Geneva-based highest intergovernmental body looking into matters relating to protection and promotion of human rights globally, elects its members through a secret ballot.
- Nepal topped the Asia-Pacific group with 165 votes followed by Qatar with 155, Pakistan with 151, and Afghanistan by 130. All got elected. Malaysia lost with 129.
- The newly elected countries are Afghanistan, Angola, Australia, Chile, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Qatar, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain and Ukraine.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj called on Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Dhaka discussed ways to deepen bilateral co-operation.
- Both countries are determined to protect their societies from hate, violence, and terror by adopting a zero tolerance policy and a comprehensive approach.
- She will open the new Chancery at the Indian High Commission and inaugurate 15 projects.
- Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe named WHO ‘goodwill ambassador’
- Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe was named a “goodwill ambassador” for the World Health Organization by the agency’s first African leader, with the United States calling it “disappointing.”
- The 93-year-old Mugabe, the world’s oldest head of state, faces U.S. sanctions over his government’s human rights abuses.
- WHO director-general Tedros Ghebreyesus of Ethiopia announced the appointment at a conference in Uruguay.
· Over 500 long distance trains to travel faster by 15 minutes to up to 2 hours from November
ð Following directions from railway minister Piyush Goyal, the Railways has adopted an ‘innovative timetabling’ under which running time of popular trains will reduce by 15 minutes to two hours.
ð Trains such as the Bhopal-Jodhpur Express will reach 95 minutes early while the Guwahati-Indore Special will complete its 2,330-km journey 115 minutes early and the 1929-km journey of the Ghazipur-Bandra Terminus Express will be completed 95 minutes earlier.
- Centre asks states to name toilets as ‘izzat ghar’ in rural areas
- The Centre has asked each state to name the toilets in their rural households as “izzat ghar”, or to use a phrase in regional language equivalent to “house of dignity”.
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation wrote to state government’s principal secretaries after observing the name “izzat ghar” being used in many parts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The ministry with an aim of making India open defecation free by October 2, 2019 is overseeing the implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission in villages.
· Punjab decides to close 800 government schools which have fewer than 20 students
- The Punjab government will shut down 800 primary schools with less than 20 students, and merge them with schools nearby.
- The students and staff will be accommodated in adjoining schools situated within a one kilometre-radius.
- The decision is aimed at improving the utilisation of the teaching staff in the state.
· PM Modi to launch Indias first Ro Ro ferry service in Gujarat
- On his third visit to Gujarat this month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be launching India’s first Roll On-Roll Off or ‘Ro-Ro‘ ferry service between Ghogha in Saurashtra’s Bhavnagar district and Dahej in Bharuch district.
- The service is expected to reduce the distance between the two coastal towns from 310 km by road to 30 km, saving time and money. The travel time will be cut by at least five hours.
- The ferry service will be able to carry up to 100 vehicles and 250 passengers.
· India’s First Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra for Skilling in Smart Cities
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh along with Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities, in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- It is launched under skill India Mission. The ministers also laid the foundation for a Skill Development Centre at Moti Bagh and a Centre of Excellence at Dharam Marg, New Delhi.
· Asia Cup Hockey 2017 India Beat Malaysia To Lift Their 3rd Continental Title
- India beats Malaysia 2-1 in the finale to win the 2017 Asia Cup Hockey tournament held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- It is India’s third continental title. Ramandeep Singh scored the openin
- g goal in the third minute while Lalit Upadhyay extended India’s lead in the 29th minute of the game.
- Lalit Upadhyay won the goal of the match award while Akashdeep Singh was adjudged the Man of the match.
· Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan to Get Lata Mangeshkar Award
- The playback singers Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan and music composers Usha Khanna, Bappi Lahiri, Anu Malik selected for the Madhya Pradesh government’s prestigious National Lata Mangeshkar Award.
- They will be honored for their contribution in the field of music composition and singing. Each award winner will get a cash prize of Rs.two lakh, shawl, shreephal (coconut) and a citation.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes