- Jharkhand Circle Launches Website On World Post Day
- Taking postal services to the next level by making it more reliable for people, the Postal Department, Jharkhand Circle on the occasion of World Post Day launched its official website. The denizens can get information at one click about ongoing schemes on www.jharkhandpost.on .
- The dedicated web portal will serve the need of the customers accordingly. The Website will be updated on regular basis in view of different programme launched by the Central government at a regular interval.
- Adding other vital components to the existing services being given by the Postal Department, Jharkhand Circle, services like International tracked packets service and a separate website for tracking the details of speed post were also launched along with the official web portal on Monday here at Head Post Office.
- FIFA suspends Pakistan from international football
- Pakistan has been suspended from international football because of what global soccer body FIFA described as undue third-party interference in the country’s football federation (PFF).
- FIFA said in a statement that the suspension would prevent Pakistani teams, including the national side, from playing in international competition and the PFF from benefiting from FIFA development and training programmes.
· Indian football team qualifies for 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- Indian football team registered a commanding win over Macau by 4-1 in AFC Asian Cup qualifying match at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru.
- India after winning this match has also qualified for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup which is going to be held in the UAE.
- India played and lost the match in the tournament was in 2011 while their only appearance before that was way back in 1984. In the 2011 edition that was held in Doha, India.
· India is second largest market for pharma: LinkedIn Report
- The 13.7 percent contribution to the global pharmaceuticals and biotechnology workforce India has emerged as the second largest market for the industry, a report by professional networking giant LinkedIn has revealed.
- The report, detailed in the newly released e-book “The Indian Pharma and Biotech Industry”, showed that while New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chandigarh are thriving grounds for talent in this sector in India, talent migration is highest to the US. Talent migrating to other countries mainly comprises of researchers, scientists, quality assurance professionals, statistics programmers and data analysts.
- Cabinet approves SANKALP & STRIVE Schemes to boost Skill India Mission
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved two new World Bank supported schemes of Rs. 6,655 crore – Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) and Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE).
- SANKALP is Rs 4,455 crore Centrally sponsored scheme including Rs. 3,300 crore loan support from World Bank whereas STRIVE is a Rs. 2,200 crore – central sector scheme, with half of the scheme outlay as World bank loan assistance.
- SANKALP and STRIVE are outcome focused schemes marking shift in government’s implementation strategy in vocational education and training from inputs to results.
- SBI to set up country’s largest innovation centre at Mumbai
- The nation’s largest lender State Bank of India is creating a 15,000-sqft innovation centre in Navi Mumbai investing around Rs 100 crore.
- The centre, to be built at its Global IT Centre in Belapur in Navi Mumbai, will be the largest innovation centre by any financial services company in the country.
- The innovation centre is part of a Rs 200-crore allocation that the bank has earmarked for innovation last year.
- Anupam Kher appointed as Chairman FTII
- Shri Anupam Kher, veteran cine star, has been appointed as Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. Shri Kher succeeds Shri Gajendra Chauhan.
- Shri Kher who has appeared in over 500 films is a recipient of the Padma Shri in 2004 and the Padma Bhushan in 2016 for his contribution in the field of cinema and arts.
Gk bit – FTII
- FTII is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and is regarded as a center of excellence across the world.
- Films made by FTII’s students have enjoyed excellent receptions in festivals in India and abroad and have won National and International awards.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes