- HC to move to a new address
- The state building construction department said the new complex of the Jharkhand high court at Dhurwa area in Ranchi will be complete by December.
- According to govt officials, the construction work for the Rs 465-crore high court complex is in its final stages. In addition to, the construction of the new Vidhan Sabha building is expected to be completed by February 2019. A total of Rs 366 crore is projected to be spent for the new secretariat, which will also come up in Dhurwa.
- It has spent Rs 8 crore so far on rainwater harvesting in government buildings, including the Raj Bhavan, Project Building and the bungalows of state’s ministers.
- Nobel prize in physics awarded for discovery of gravitational waves
- Three American physicists have won the Nobel prize in physics for the first observations of gravitational waves.
- Rainer Weiss has been awarded one half of the 9m Swedish kronor (£825,000) prize, announced by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm.
- Kip Thorne and Barry Barish will share the other half of the prize.
- All three scientists have played leading roles in the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory, or Ligo, experiment, which in 2015 made the first historic observation of gravitational waves.
· First US Crude Oil Shipment Arrives in Paradip
- The first United States crude oil cargo of 1(point)6 million barrels bought by Indian Oil Corporation from the US reached Paradip Port, Odisha.
- Indian Oilbecame the first Indian public sector refiner to source US crude has placed a cumulative order 3.9 million barrel from the US.
- They will process the crude at its East-Coast base refineries, located at Paradip, Haldia, Barauni and Bongaigaon.
· National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) launches new website and PMIS Mobile App
- The Chairman of National Highways Authority of India Shri Deepak Kumar launched a world-class, new multilingual website of the organization.
- He also launched a Project Monitoring Information System (PMIS) Moblie App that will facilitate close, in-house monitoring of NHAI projects on a mobile phone.
- The system is now digitally monitoring them through a state-of-the-art Project Monitoring Information System (PMIS) which has been developed in-house along with The Boston Consulting Group.
· Karnataka launches ‘Mathru Purna’ scheme for pregnant women
- Karnataka Chief Minister Mr.Siddaramaiah launched ‘Mathru Poorna’ scheme,for the nutritional wellness of pregnant and lactating women in rural areas, at Vidhan Soudha, in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The ‘Mathru Purna’ scheme, aims at providing pregnant and lactating poor women in rural areas with one nutritious meal daily, for 25 days in a month.
- A full meal of rice, dal with vegetables or sambar, one boiled egg, and 200ml of milk, will be given to pregnant women, through anganwadis.
- It benefits around 12 lakh women.The food will be provided for 15 months, from the start of pregnancy to six months after delivery.
· Indian Railways announced No service charge on train e-tickets till March 2018
- The Union Government waived service charges in November last year after demonetization to encourage digital modes of booking.
- The facility had been extended from June 30 and then to September 30.
- The Railway Board directedIndian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) that the benefits be extended till March next year.
- The Service charges on booking train tickets online through IRCTC ranges from Rs 20 to 40 per ticket.
· Union Government launches SECURE Himalaya Project
- The Union Government launched SECURE Himalaya, a six-year project to ensure conservation of locally and globally significant biodiversity and land.
- The Himalayan ecosystem spread over four states namely Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Sikkim.
- The system was launched by Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC)in association with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Ministry of Health adjudged best for ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’, receives award
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has been adjudged as the best department for its contribution during Swachhta Pakhwada, an inter-Ministry initiative of Swachh Bharat Mission of Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- The Health Ministry observed the Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st February, 2017 to 15th February, 2017.
- The award was presented to the Ministry on 2nd October, 2017, the third anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission. Shri C K Mishra, Secretary (HFW) received the award on behalf of the Ministry.