Performance appraisal is a vital tool to measure the frameworks set by any organization to its employees. It is utilized to track individual contribution and performance against organizational goals and to identify individual strengths and opportunities for future improvements and assessed whether organizational goals are achievedor serves as basis for the company’s future planning and development .
Performance appraisal is a formal system that evaluates the quality of an employee’s performance. An appraisal should not be viewed as an end in itself, but rather as and important process within a broader performance management system that links:
- Organizational objectives
- Day to day performance
- Professional development
- Rewards and incentives
In simple terms, appraisal may be understood as the assessment of an individual’s performance in a systematic way, the performance being measured against such factors as job knowledge, quality and quantity of output,initiative, leadership abilities, supervision, dependability, cooperation, judgment, versatility, health and the like.Assessment should not be confirmed to past performance alone. Potentials of the employee for future performance must also be assessed.
Methord for performance and appraisals involves:
- Integrating performance appraisal into a formal goal setting system
- Basting appraisals on accurate and current job descriptions
- Offering adequate support and assistance to employees to improve their performance (e.g., professional development opportunities)
- Ensuring that appraisers have adequate knowledge and direct experience of the employee’s performance
Conducting appraisals on a regular basis.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes