- Focus on curbing migration by generating jobs: cm
- Focusing on expansion of cottage industries on a wider scale covering small hamlets of the State, Chief Minister Raghubar Das said that in an attempt to curb migration, creation of ample employment opportunities at the grass root level has become mandatory.
- Considering 3S — Skill, Scale and Speed — the CM said that ‘development’ and ‘employment’ should go hand in hand. Targeting the youths of the tribal community that constitutes over 30 per cent of the total population of Jharkhand, the CM said, “We all need to change our outlook with the time. Looking on the requirement of the world in the next 10 years, we need to think.
- Government is in support of all entrepreneurs who are ready to start their ventures bringing change, benefiting the society and moreover, creating prospects for the coming generations. Tribal youths should develop self confidence, take risks shunning all threats and move forward to achieve their goals
· Australia’s Fleet Space to launch first 2 satellites with ISRO, SpaceX
- Australian Internet of Things (IoT) startup Fleet Space Technologies has announced launch plans for its first two nanosatellites, Centauri I and II,in the second half of 2018.
- 10-kg nanosatellite Centauri I will be launched on Indian space agency ISRO’sPolar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
- Centauri II will be launched on SpaceX’s Falcon 9.
· Indian government declares tariffs cut on Asian imports under APTA
- The government has implemented thetariff concessions agreed to under the Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) by cutting duties on the import of 3,142 items from the signatories to the accord, including China.
- On January 13, 2017, the 4th round of trade negotiations under the agreement was conducted. The results of the fourth round of negotiations under APTA have been implemented with effect from 1st July 2018 among six countries namely, Bangladesh, China, India, Lao PDR, Republic of Korea and Sri Lanka.
· China approves 1 billion dollar aid to Pakistan
- After Pakistan has been placed in ‘grey list‘ by Financial Action Task Force (FATF), China approved USD 1 billionloan to Pakistan.
- The idea behind putting Pakistan in the FATF grey list is to deplete its economy and eventually pull the plug on terror groups.
Gk bit – FATF
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering and terrorism financing.
· Delhi launches Happiness Curriculum for govt schools
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and the Dalai Lamalaunched a ‘Happiness Curriculum‘ for students studying in Class Nursery to Class 8 in government schools.
- The curriculum will include a 45-minute‘Happiness’ class, which will include meditation, value education, and mental exercises.
· Bombay Stock Exchange to delist 222 companies from 4th July
- Leading stock exchange BSE(Bombay Stock Exchange ) will delist as many as 222 companies from July 4, 2018 as trading in their shares has remained suspended for over six months.
- Earlier in May, the exchange had delisted over 200 companies.
- Six firms- Asian Electronics, Birla Power Solutions, Classic Diamonds (India) Ltd, Innoventive Industries, Paramount Printpackaging and SVOGL Oil Gas and Energy-that have been compulsorily delisted by the NSE, would also be delisted from the BSE from July 4.
· Bhitarkanika National Park became largest habitat of Endangered Estuarine Crocodiles
- Bhitarkanika National Park is located in Kendrapara district of Odisha in eastern India.
- 101 nesting sites of estuarine crocodiles were found this time by enumerators.
- Estuarine crocodiles are also found in West Bengals Sundarban areas having the country’s largest mangrove cover.
· Vikram Dogra become the first Indian Army officer to complete world’s toughest Ironman Triathlon
- Ironman Triathlon comprises three consecutive events: a 3.8-km swim, 180-km cycling and 42.2-km marathon, to be completed within 17 hours.
- Major General Vikram Dogracompleted the triathlon in 14 hours and 21 minutes to earn the ‘Ironman’ title.
- Ironman Austriawas held in the scenic town of Klagenfurt and over 3000 athletes participated in the event.
· Successful launch of SES 12 satellite will help fast track Digital India
- The successful launch of SES-12, new mega satellite recently, would help support India’s growing direct-to-home(DTH) TV market, as more and more consumers in rural India embrace the medium.
- SES-12s high throughput capacity over South Asia and India will help to fast-track Digital India, and financial inclusion initiatives.
· Numaligarh Refinery Ltd became 1st oil PSU to introduce online legal compliance
- Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix‘.
- The cloud-based compliance management system was inaugurated by NRL Managing Director S K Barua in Guwahati.
- This will contribute towards the “Digital India Mission”.
· Defence ministry approves 17 ‘baffle’ shooting ranges for Indian Army
- At a cost of Rs 238 crore, defence ministry has approved the construction of 17 new “baffle”firing ranges to prevent accidents due to stray bullets, for the Army.
- The proposed baffle shooting ranges can facilitate firing from 300 to 500 meters.
- There are 60 similar firing ranges existing across India.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes