NFDB to help Govt to promote fish production in State
National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Chief Executive, Dr C Suvarna was on a visit to Jharkhand to inquire about the progress of Blue Revolution and Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) in Jharkhand and technical changes taking place in fisheries here. She said during the meeting that the Board will provide full support to the fish farmers of the State.
The Chief Executive said that the NFDB is always ready to help the State with technical assistance; the farmers here can be further promoted. Apart from this, she also said that behind this achievement of fish farming in Jharkhand, the guidelines of the officials and the hard work of the fish farmers here are also hidden.
On the second day of Jharkhand tour, Suvarna visited the retail fish market built in Deoghar district and Amit Kumar’s recirculatory aquaculture system under Blue Revolution Scheme in the presence of Director Fisheries, HN Dwivedi and Jharkhand and District Fisheries Officer, Deoghar, Prashant Kumar. Along with this, under construction of selected beneficiary Pradeep Gupta under PMSSY, a recirculatory aquaculture system of Rs 7.50 lakh, biofloc pond under construction of Kaushalya Devi was also inspected. During the excursion, the work of fish-cum-duck rearing was also seen. Discussions on fisheries development were also held with Manjunath Bhajantri, Deputy Commissioner, Deoghar. In order to return to Ranchi, fish seed hatcheries and fish feed sites under construction in Giridih district were also seen under the PMMSY.
Mriya – World’s Largest Plane
On the fourth day of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Russia destroyed the most critical plane within the world called “Ukraine’s Antonov-225 cargo plane”.
- According to weapons manufacturer Ukroboronprom, restoring “AN-225 Mriya” would cost over USD 3 billion and take five years.
- The aircraft was unique to the planet .it had been 84 meters long and will transport up to 250 tonnes of cargo at a speed of 850 kilometers per hour.
- The missile has been named Mriya, suggesting “dream” in Ukrainian.
- The An-225 aircraft was located at Hostomel Airport when Russia launched an attack on the Ukrainian airport on February 24, 2022. It had been destroyed on February 27.
- Maria was initially built as a part of the Soviet aeronautical program. It made its first flight in 1988.
- Mriya has been operated by Ukraine’s Antonov Airlines for cargo flights. It had been in high demand during the Covid-19 pandemic.
National Science Day Is On 28 February
The National Science Day is widely known on 28 February annually in India to spread the message about the importance of science within the people’s way of life.
- The National Science Day is widely known on 28 February annually in India to spread the message about the importance of science within the lifestyle of the people.
- Today, Sir CV Raman had announced the invention of the Raman Effect, and he was awarded the Nobel prize in 1930.
- The government of India designated 28 February as National Science Day (NSD) in 1986.
- The National Science Day theme for 2022: ‘Integrated Approach in S&T for Sustainable Future.’ The day also commemorates the invention of the Raman effect.
Rare Disease Day: 28 February
The Rare Disease Day (RDD) is observed every year on the last day of February. This year in 2022, it falls on 28 February 2022.
- The Rare Disease Day (RDD) is observed every year on the last day of February. This year in 2022, it falls on 28 February 2022.
- The day is observed to boost awareness for rare diseases and improve access to treatment and medical representation for people with rare diseases and their families.
- European Organisation first launched rare Disease Day for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS) and its Council of National Alliances in 2008. The Rare Disease Day theme 2022: “Share Your Colors.”
- The first Rare Disease Day was coordinated by the European Organisation for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS) and persisted leap day, 2008 in numerous European nations and Canada through the Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders.
Fresh Fruits Exports From India
Fresh fruits export from India has witnessed immense growth in the past year.
- In April-January 2021-22, guava exports have risen to USD 2.09 million against USD 0.58 million recorded in April-January 2013-14.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and Curd (yogurt) exports have also increased to USD 30 million in April–January 2021-22 from USD 10 million in April–January 2013-14.
- Pomegranates, Grapes, Bananas, Mangoes, and Oranges are the foremost fruits exported from the country.
- In vegetables, Mixed Vegetables, Onions, Tomatoes, Potatoes, and Green Chilly take the leading share of exports from India.
PM CARE for Children Scheme Extended
The PM Cares for children Scheme has been extended by the Ministry of women and Child Development of the govt of India till February 28, 2022.
- The PM Cares for children Scheme has been extended by the Ministry of women and Child Development of the govt of India till February 28, 2022.
- Previously, the Scheme was applicable till New Year’s Eve, 2021.
- During this reference, a letter has been written to all Principal Secretaries/ Secretaries, Women and Child Development, Social Justice & Empowerment Departments of all States and UTs, with a replica to all or any District Magistrates/District Collectors.
- To be eligible for the Scheme, the kid must be under 18 at the time of their parent’s death to be considered eligible for payments under this plan.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes