Free Wi-Fi facility available at all ECR stations
For the convenience of the passengers, a free Wi-Fi Internet Connection facility has been made available at the stations of East Central Railway (ECR). At present free high-speed Wi-Fi available at 405 stations out of 409 stations targeted under passenger facility on ECR.
Due to the availability of this facility at all the major stations of all the five divisions – Danapur, Pandit DeenDayal Upadhyay, Dhanbad, Sonpur and Samastipur divisions spread over 4215 route kilometers, the students, general passengers, businessmen and employed people coming to the station have got a lot of convenience.
The project has been taken up as a mission to transform railway stations into hubs of digital inclusion. The responsibility of implementing this remarkable Digital India initiative has been entrusted to RailTel, a PSU of Indian Railways. RailTel is providing state of the art public Wi-Fi under the brand name of ‘Railwire’. Till now this facility is being provided by RailTel at more than 6070 stations across India.
The number of Wi-Fi subscribers at these stations is increasing day by day. Railway stations have been developed as Wi-Fi hubs. Passengers coming to the station can use this facility to download online classes, videos, movies, songs, games as well as deal with their other government work online. Students from distant places, especially those appearing in Union Public Service Commission, Railway Recruitment Board, Railway Recruitment Cell and Staff Selection Commission and other examinations, can take advantage of this Wi-Fi facility to prepare for their examination.
India And Vietnam To Collaborate in Postal Sector
India and Vietnam signed a statement of intent for improved postal cooperation on 17 December.
- It was signed to recognize the two countries’ extensive strategic and economic connections.
- India-Vietnam relations have been extraordinarily amicable and cordial. Prime Minister Nehru and President Ho Chi Minh created the foundations for the relationship 50 years ago. Cultural and commercial ties between the two countries, on the other hand, extend back to the second century.
- Since 1992, bilateral ties have grown significantly in economics, agriculture, and industry.
- The relationship is not solely based on economic considerations; there has also been substantial development of bilateral military cooperation.
Strategic cooperation between Both the countries
- Mekong-Ganga Cooperation: Both the countries are members of Mekong–Ganga Cooperation. It was created with the aim of developing and enhancing close ties between India and Southeast Asian nations.
- Vietnam’s support to India’s permanent seat at UNSC– Vietnam has always supported India’s bid for permanent seat at United Nations Security Council (UNSC). It also supported India’s membership to Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
New-Gen Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile ‘Agni P’ Test Fired By India
A new generation Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile called Agni P was test-fired by DRDO.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s island off the coast of Odisha was the launch site for Agni P.
Several telemetries, electro-optical stations, radar, and downrange ships positioned along the eastern coast followed and monitored the missile’s trajectory and parameters.
Agni P followed a textbook trajectory and met the mission’s goals with great precision.
Agni P is a two-stage solid-propellant ballistic missile with a redundant navigation and guidance system.
It is the successor to the Agni-I and Agni-II missiles, created by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Haiti’s freedom soup added to UNESCO Cultural Heritage List
The United Nations cultural agency, UNESCO placed a traditional Haitian soup called ‘Joumou Soup’ in the intangible cultural heritage list.
Haitian soup is widely considered as a symbol of India’s independence.
Joumou soup is much more than a dish. It tells the story of heroes & heroines of Haitian independence as well as their struggle for human rights and hard-won freedom.
It is a squash-based soup and it became a symbol of things long forbidden to slaves under the French domination until Haiti became independent on January 1, 1804.
Haitians celebrated their freedom by consuming the soup.
They traditionally serve the soup on New Year’s Day for commemorating the anniversary of liberation from slavery.
MIS portal for rankings of States & UTs in Land Acquisition Projects
Union Minister for Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Giriraj Singh, launched MIS (Management Information System) portal to ranking of States/UTs in Land Acquisition Projects.
- With the launch of this portal, states/UTs will be ranked in Land Acquisition Projects under RFCTLARR Act, 2013, which is dubbed as “Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013”.
- Based on the ranking and performance, the top 3 States and top 3 districts will be awarded.
Significance of the portal
MIS portal is being dubbed as a ‘Vikas Portal’. Portal will not only show data and figures but also the speed of development in India. It is a result of the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide impetus to the Gati Shakti Mission.
Concerns over delayed implementation
Delayed implementation of the projects in India increases the project cost as well as disturb the pace of development. This portal will help in mitigating this concern. Because of ranking available to all the States, it will be easier to monitor the progress of developmental projects. This in turn will increase the speed of projects.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes