- Govt-People Digital Interface Launched
- In order to narrow the gap between the system and common people, the State Government has launched mobile application, web portal and augmented reality tools.
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das while inaugurating the digital platforms on Tuesday said that the mechanism would help people in connecting to him directly.
- The portal ‘www.cm.jharkhand.gov.in’ would provide all information about governmental schemes with updates about eligibility etc. Mobile application has been made so advanced that anyone can take a selfie with the Chief Minister, listen to his message and extend suggestions.
- One of the features in the app is so that wherever it is brought before the logo of Jharkhand State it would start playing videos and other information automatically about the schemes running in the State. The idea is to narrow the distance between the Government and the citizens in an interactive manner.
- Saudi Arabia approves Yoga as a sports activity
- Saudi Arabia has officially approved Yoga as a sporting activity under its Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- So, anyone who now wishes to practice or teach yoga can do so by applying for a licence.
- The Crown Prince known as MBS launched the new vision 2030 that focuses on development and investing in youth.
· Founding Ceremony of International Solar Alliance Held in Germany
- A Curtain Raiser Event for the Founding Ceremony of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)was held in Bonn, Germany.
- Shri Anand Kumar, Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy was present at the event from the Indian side.
- The ISA was jointly launched on 30 November 2015 by Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, and then-President of France, H.E. Francois Hollande, on the sidelines of the UNFCCC Conference of Parties 21 (CoP21) at Paris, France.
· China launches worlds first fully electric cargo ship
- Chinalaunched the world’s first all-electric ship, which can travel up to 80 km with 2000-tonnes cargo after a two-hour charge.
- The ship is 70.5-metre-long and weighs about 600 tonnes.
- It was launched in Guangzhou in South China’s Guangdong Province.
- The ship has been manufactured by the Guangzhou Shipyard International Company Limited.
- It is powered by a 26-tonne lithium battery and can cruise at the top speed of 12.8 km per hour.
· Virtual Nation Asgardia Launched its First Satellite Asgardia-1 into Space
- The Space Kingdom of Asgardia has launched its first satellite.
- This so-called ‘virtual nation’is the pet project of Russian scientist and billionaire Igor Ashurbeyli.
- In 2016, he proposed a new nation which would be based in space in order to be outside of the control of nations on Earth.
- The Asgardia-1 satellite, which is about the size of a loaf of bread, and contains half a terabyte of data.
- It was launched from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia aboard a Cygnus spacecraft on an Orbital ATK Antares rocket.
- West Bengal Gets GI Tag for Rosogolla
- West Bengal has won a long-drawn-out battle over rasgulla when Chennai-based Geographical Indications (GI) Registry announced that one of India’s signature sweets originated in the state and not Odisha.
- Bengal and Odisha have been locked in this fight over the GI registration of rasgulla since 2015.
- West Bengal CM Mamta Benerjee expressed her happiness as Bengal has been granted GI (Geographical Indication) status for Rosogolla.
· First Ever APCERT Conference in New Delhi
- The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology organized the Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conferencein New Delhi.
- This is the 15th Conference of APCERT and first ever conference in India and South Asia.
- The conference theme is “Building Trust in the Digital Economy”.
- This was inaugurated by Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & Information Technology, and attended by over 300 cybersecurity professionals.
· NIOT to build Indias first offshore desalination plant near Chennai coast
- National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) Satheesh C Shenoy scientists from NIOT will build India’s first offshore desalination plant about 40km from the Chennai coast.
- This desalination plant is estimated to cost Rs. 2,000 crore. It will be designed and built by NIOT scientists off the shores of Ennore.
- The capacity of the plant will be 10 million liters of water per day.
- The plant will operate on Low-Temperature Thermal Desalination (LTTD), a low cost and environment-friendly technology to get potable water.
- The technology is based on the temperature difference in seawater at different depths.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes