- Patent Cell to be set up in State soon
- The grassroot level entrepreneurs will soon get an easier way to get their products patented as the State is all set to have its very own patent cell in the coming days. Jharkhand Science, technology and Innovation Council (JSTIC) is all set to set up the cell within the next six months, which will prove to be a boon for a number of entrepreneurs and startups in the State.
- The new policy of Government of India calls for development of a patent cell in every State by the science and technology council of the State. It is under the same policy that we will also be setting up the cell
- The patent cell will not just help patenting the new discoveries but also the already existing items specific to Jharkhand like hadiya (rice beer), Rugra (local mushrooms), Mahua laddoos and a number of other things.
- Boris Johnson elected as UK Prime Minister
- Boris Johnsonelected as the leader of Britain’s governing Conservative Party.
He is declared as country’s next Prime Minister. Johnson will formally take over as Prime Minister.
- He succeeds Theresa May.
- She got stepped down over her failure to get parliament to ratify her Brexit deal.
Johnson served as UK foreign minister and London’s Mayor.
- Nigeria set to host 2020 FIFA women U-20 World cup
- India and South Korea presented their bids for the 2020 U20 Women’s World Cup but India named the 2020 U17 Women’s World Cup host.
- The last FIFA event held in Nigeria
- The 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup won by Switzerland.
- Chandrayaan-2 successfully launched
- The powerful booster GSLV-Mark-3 carrying Chandrayaan-2 on-board zoomed into space at 14.43 from the second launch pad of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- It placed the high-stake lunar probe into the designated highly elliptical orbit around the earth in just 16 minutes and 33 seconds.
- From the earth-bound orbit, Chandrayaan-2 will be navigated by the ISRO scientists to near the South Pole of the moon.
- It will be the first-ever soft-landing of a probe by India, that is expected to be on September 7.
- India would become the fourth ever nation to have a soft-landing on the moon, once Chandrayaan-2 reaches the unexplored area.
- Originally Chandrayaan-2 was scheduled to be launched on July 15th.
- Chandrayaan-2 has three-module spacecraft comprising an orbiter, lander ‘Vikram’ carrying rover ‘Pragyan’.
- Income Tax Department to celebrate Aaykar Diwas 2019
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)will observe and celebrate the 159th Income Tax Day on 24th July, 2019.
- It was on 24th July, 1860
- The Income Tax introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson to compensate for the losses incurred by the British regime.
- This incident took place during the first war of independence against British Rule.
- The department will launch a “Kardaata e-SahyogAbhiyaan”
- The main aim is to assist and support taxpayers and other stakeholders in enabling them to e-file their returns and discharge other tax related obligations.
- Lok Sabha passed the Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Lok Sabhapassed theRight to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2019 . The Bill amends the Right To Information Act. It aims at institutionalisation, streamlining and ease of delivery of services.
- The Bill aims to give power to the Centreto set serving period and salaries of Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) and Information Commissioners.
- The Centre can also specify the stature of information commissioners from the equivalent of election commissioners, with their salaries and service conditions.
The Centre will be fully committed totransparency and autonomy of the institution. The Bill also gives rights to the Centre to reduce an equal amount to the pension of the mentioned officials.
- Lok Sabha passes Motor Vehicles (Amendment), Bill
- The Lok Sabha passed the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The bill seeks to amend the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 to provide for road safety.
- The Bill proposes a scheme to allow cashless treatment of victims in a road accident during the golden hour.
- The golden hour is defined as the time period of up to one hour following a traumatic injury, during which the likelihood of preventing death through prompt medical care is the highest.
- The Bill proposes to increase the minimum compensation for hit and run cases.
- In case of the death, the compensation has been raised from 25 thousand to two lakh rupees, and in case of grievous injury, it will be from 12 thousand 500 to 50 thousand rupees.
- Central Government favors it’s 31.8% contribution to economic growth
- MSME sector contributed significantly to the Indian economy in terms of Gross Domestic Product, exports and employment generation, it’s the contribution of the total Gross Value Added standing at 31.8 percent.
- The share of MSME related products in total exports from India during the year 2018-19 was 48.10 percent.
- MSME sector is an important pillar of Indian economy
- They contributed greatly to the commercial growth with a vast network of around 30 million units.
- MSMEs have created employment of about 70 million, manufacturing more than 6000 products.
- They contributed about 45 per cent to manufacturing output and finally about 40% of exports.
- The sector continued to face certain constraints regarding availability of adequate and timely credit, high cost of credit, collateral requirements, access to equity capital and rehabilitation of sick enterprises, and more, despite its significant contribution.
The 73rd round of National Sample Survey (NSS),conducted by the Centre during 2015-16.
- The estimated number of workers in unincorporated nonagricultural MSMEs in the country to be 11.10 crores.