- Govt to invest 90 % funds for select industries in Bokaro
- Bokaro will be developed as a production center for certain products. There are huge scope for the industries including automobiles, general engineering goods, Iron and Steel products for domestic use.
- For establishing such industries the Government will arrange 90 per cent funds for all selected proposals to set up micro and small scale industries. At the same time entrepreneurs will have to bear the rest of the 10 per cent of the expenditure.
- Meanwhile, Jharkhand Industrial Area Development Authority (JIADA) approved the 21 new investment proposals to set up units are Bokaro a few months earlier. With an investment of Rupees 70 crore, twenty-one new projects soon to be come-up at Balidih Industrial Area in the district.
- JIADA also approved the investment proposal to set up a mega food park at Chandankyari in Bokaro and approved land to set up the unit
- This project will create a modern infrastructure to minimise the post-harvest losses of the agricultural produce and will also give a strong boost to the growth of food processing sector in Jharkhand.
- India, Uzbekistan exchange views on combating terror financing
- India and Uzbekistan exchanged their views on current counter-terrorism challenges at combating terror financing.
- The incident happened during the eighth meeting of India-Uzbekistan Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism.
- The two sides exchanged views on current counter-terrorism challenges including countering radicalisation, combating the financing of terrorism, preventing the use of the internet for terrorist purposes and returnee foreign terrorist fighters.
- Cabinet approved the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Union Cabinet approved amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016through the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019 on 17 July 2019. The approval will place a greater emphasis on more time-bound resolution and lays down voting rules of the financial creditors.
- The amendments include mandating a deadline for the completion of theresolution process within 330 days, including all litigation and judicial processes. Votes of all financial creditors covered under Section 21(6A) shall be cast in accordance with the decision approved by the highest voting share of financial creditors on present and voting basis. The voting should be more than 50%.
- Lok Sabha passed the National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Lok Sabhapassed the National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2019. This bill aims to allow NIA to probe terrorist acts against Indians and Indian interests abroad. The Bill seeks to give more power to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- The Bill also aims to create Special Courts for trial of scheduled offences under Acts like Atomic Energy Act (AEA), 1962, and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), 1967.
- Bill also seeks cyber-terrorism and offences related to counterfeit currency or bank notes, offences under Explosive Substances Act (1908), manufacture or sale prohibited arms and human trafficking.
- The amendments will allow NIA to probe cybercrimes and cases of human trafficking. In every state there is only one NIA designated court and these courts would only take NIA cases and not others.
- The National Investigation Agency is a central agency which was established by the Indian Government on It aims to combat terror in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi. The nodal agency acts as the Central Counter Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency. NIA is empowered to deal with terror related crimes across states without special permission from the states.
- Govt to increase coal production to one billion tone by 2022-23
- Govt planned to increase coal productionto one billion tone by 2022-23
The main aim is to increase the total production of coal in the country to one billion tone by 2022-23.
- The gap between demand and supply of coal cannot be bridged completely as there is insufficient domestic availability of coking coal.
- The added that all India raw coal production increased its production from over 462 Metric tonnes in 2013-14 to around 730 metric tonnes in 2018-19.
- The Minister asked members to bring to his notice any instances of illegal mining or violation of environmental norms.
- This can be carry out by mining companies so that his ministry can act against them in consultation with the respective states.
- Then further 14 dedicated corridors are developed for the transportation of coal and plans are being made to improve transportation of coal through conveyor belts.
- Indian secured the first spot in the medal tally of Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship
- Indian team secured thefirst spotin the medal tally of Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship 2019 held at Samoa, a country in Oceania. 37 Indian players participated in the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship in Apia, Samoa. It won 35 medals including 22 golds, 10 silvers and 3 bronze medals in the youth, junior, and senior categories.
- India also broke a total of 22 recordsin all 3 age groups in World, Asian, Commonwealth and National level as well as set a new junior record at Commonwealth and National level.
- Ashleigh Barty, Novak Djokovic got top spot at World Tennis Ranking 2019
- Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) 2019 and Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) rankings 2019, Ashleigh Barty of Australia got the top position
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia remained at world number one.
- Djokovic(32) retained top spots
- They obtained 12,415 points.
- Rafael Nadal (Spain) 7,945points.