• Mayurkashi Silk Park in Dumka soon
? The Dumka district administration is preparing to set up a one of its kind ‘Mayurakshi Silk Park’ where the visitors would be able to witness the entire process of making silk, right from breeding of cocoons to preparation of the final fabric.
? The silk park will help in branding of Mayuraskhi Silk, a home brand silk of Dumka, and at the same time will generate employment opportunities for around 300 women.
? This integrated model for display and production of silk will be one of its kind in the State.
? A total of 26,000 workers are involved in silk production in Dumka, which is the highest producer of silk in Jharkhand. “Jharkhand produces 80 percent of tussar silk of the country and Dumka produces 70 percent of silk in Jharkhand, thus making it the silk capital.
- World Youth Skills Day: 15 July
- On July 15 every year, World Youth Skills Day is marked to promote youth skills development and abilities.
- In 2019, UNESCO and the UNEVOC network will join the global celebrations to mark the day and also to raise awareness about the importance of youth skills development.
- Also, TikTok and National Skill Development Corporation have collaborated to celebrate the day this year by launching an in-app campaign ‘Skills4All’.
- This year, the theme for World Youth Skills Day 2019 is ‘Learning to learn for life and work’.
- ‘LaQshya’ to improve quality of care in the labour room, maternity Ots
- The Union Government has launched “LaQshya” (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative) to improve the quality of care in the labour room and maternity operation theatres.
- It’s a multipronged approach focused on Intrapartum and the immediate postpartum period.
- The initiative primarily focuses on reducing preventable maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity due to haemorrhage, retained placenta, preterm, preeclampsia and eclampsia, obstructed labour, puerperal sepsis, newborn asphyxia, and newborn sepsis.
- Govt plans to set up 4,200 Ayush wellness centres in ongoing fiscal
- 2,500 new centres are planned to be opened within the first four months of the present government.
- The government also provided financial assistance to set up integrated Ayush hospitals in 85 districts across various states, and has plans to add more.
- The government is trying to modernise Ayush hospitals across the country and is increasing the number of doctors.
- It is also modernising postgraduate AYUSH medical colleges.
The government provided around Rs 53,000 crore for Ministry of Health and Rs 1,686 crore for Ministry of Ayush for the last fiscal. Standing Committee asked to increase the budget for the Ministry of Ayush.
- The union government notified the eligibility criteria for its mega pension scheme – Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan
- They announced in the budget 2019 for unorganized sector workers.
People who are at 40 years or already covered under a pension with part contribution by the government are not eligible for the scheme.
- Only one spouse will be eligible for family pension in case of demise of the pensioner.
- The Government via notification dated February 7, 2019 notified the rules and other criteria for the mega pension scheme announced by the Finance Minister.
The mega pension scheme is known as Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan.
- As per the notification the Scheme shall apply to the unorganised workers.
They are working or engaged as home- based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washermen, rickshaw pullers, landless laborers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, etc.
- To join the mega pension scheme, the monthly income of unorganized worker should not exceed Rs 15,000.
- The Children of the subscriber will not be allowed to receive any pension benefit after his/her death.
- The minimum monthly pension assured in the scheme is Rs 3000 which will be paid to the subscriber after attaining the age of 60 years.
- England lifts ICC Cricket World Cup
- England lifted their maiden ICC World Cup cricket trophy beating New Zealand in the final that was decided via a dramatic Super Over in London.
- England’s Ben Stokes is named player of the match.
- New Zealand’s skipper Kane Williamson was adjudged player of the tournament
- Djokovic beats Federer to win fifth Wimbledon title
- In Tennis, Serbian Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title after defeating Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer 7-6, 1-6, 7-6, 4-6, 13-12 in a match that lasted for more than four hours.
- The match had to be decided in the fifth set, as both Federer and Djokovic won two sets each in the longest ever final to be played so far.
- Simona Halep won the Wimbledon Championship 2019 title
- Simona Halepwon the Wimbledon Championship 2019 title. She created Wimbledon history by becoming the first Romanian to win the Grand slam 2019 title. She secured 6-2, 6-2 and defeated seven-time champion Serena Williams.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes