- Cases under POCSO Act on rise in State Capital: CWC
- As many as 38 cases of sexual abuse and rape of minors, including one of a three-and-a-half year old girl, have been registered under the Prevention of Children against Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act from January till date this year in the State Capital.
- The POCSO cases are of two types, one where the survivor is below the age of 12 years and the other where they are above 12.
- The most complicated among POCSO Act cases are those of survivors below 10 years of age
- The cases are increasing every month by at least 10 percent.”
- Japan officially resumes commercial whaling after more than 30 years
- Japan resumed commercial whaling for the first time in more than three decades after Tokyo’s controversial decision
- They decided to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC).
With this, Japan joined Iceland and Norway as the only nations to allow commercial whaling despite the IWC moratorium.
- The last commercial hunt of Japan was in the year 1986.
- Japan announced the withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC) moratorium on whale hunting
- It began in 1985 to give endangered and overhunted whale species.Japan joined the compact in 1988
- The gesture to curb commercial whaling in Japan.
- From 1985 to 2017, Japanese vessels caught and killed nearly 17,000 whales
The meat often ended up for sale in stores and restaurants.
- Highlights of Economic Survey 2019-20
- Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tabled the Economic Survey 2018-19 in both Houses of Parliament.
- The survey projects GDP to grow at 7 per cent in 2019-20.
- The Indian economy is expected to grow at 6.8 per in 2018-19 while maintaining macro-economic stability.
- The fiscal deficit has been pegged at 3.4 per cent of GDP for 2018-19. The survey has provisionally estimated 2.9 per cent growth rate for the agriculture, forestry and fishing sector.
- 4 million tonne foodgrain production has been projected.
- Imports are slated to grow at 15.4 per cent while exports are projected to grow at 12.5 per cent for the year 2018-19.
- The survey also lays down the strategic blueprint for fructifying Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of India becoming a 5 trillion dollar economy by 2025.
- To achieve the vision, India needs to shift its gears to accelerate and sustain a real GDP growth rate of 8 per cent.
It has put forex reserves at 412.9 billion dollars for fiscal 2018-19.
- The theme of the survey is about enabling shifting of gears to sustained economic growth to achieve a 5 trillion dollar economy by 2025.
- The Economic Survey 2018-19 highlights the importance of investing in social infrastructure, especially education and health, as a key priority in the development strategy to achieve inclusive growth.
- India is working seriously to meet its commitments towards Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
- The expenditure on Social Services by the Centre and States increased from 7.68 lakh crores in 2014-15 to 13.94 lakh crore in 2018-19.
- The expenditure on education increased from 2.8 per cent to 3 per cent and expenditure on health increased from 1.2 per cent to 1.5 per cent from 2014-15 to 2018-19.
- Maharashtra ranks first in NITI Aayog’s ease of doing farm business
- Maharashtra achieved the first rank in NITI Aayog launched “Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index (AMFFRI).
- This index ranks states based on the degree of reforms they have undertaken in agricultural marketing.
- Gujarat ranks second with a score of 71.5 out of 100, closely followed by Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- NITI Aayog launched in 2016 an index to rank States and UTs based on the implementation of seven provisions proposed under the model APMC Act like joining the e-NAM initiative, special treatment to fruits and vegetables.
- South Central Railway has commissioned the longest electrified tunnel
- South Central Railwayhas commissioned the longest electrified tunnel. It measures 6.6 Kms between Cherlopalli and Rapuru stations. The tunnel is a part of the recently completed Obulavaripalli–Venkatachalam new railway line.
- The electrified tunnel is located between Cherlopalli to Rapuru stations of Andhra Pradesh. It is constructed in the shape of‘Horse Shoe’.
New Australian Tunneling Method (NATM) is used and the cost incurred is 460 crores. The length of the tunnel is 6,660 mts and is in straight alignment.
Full length lining is provided with 300 mm thickness. LED lighting are provided at every 10 m intervals inside the tunnel. Spring type Auto Tensioning Device (ATD) of South Korean make is adopted in place of conventional type for maintaining necessary tension in OHE (Overhead line) wires.
- AYUSH, MeitY ministries collaborates for digitisation of AYUSH sector
- Ministry of AYUSH (MOA) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) signed MOU at New Delhi for collaborating with each other for the digitization of AYUSH Sector.
- MeitY agreed to advise and give technical support to MOA for planning and development of AYUSH GRID Project.
- National Health Policy 2017 and e-governance initiative of Ministry of AYUSH aims to digitize the entire AYUSH leading to transformation in the field of health care delivery at all levels.
- In addition to greater research, education, delivery of various healthcare programmes and better drug regulations the signing of MOU done by Secretary AYUSH Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha.
- The vision and utility of AYUSH GRID Project stated that they will be beneficial for all stakeholders of AYUSH .
- The citizens of the country will help to achieve various national and international goals in healthcare.
- The internal workflows and processes of hospitals which enables the efficient and online delivery of Health care services across the country.
- MeitY launched an online information guide called Vikaspedia
- It is a portal for the various social sectors including Health. It offers information in 23 languages.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes