- Make j’khand odf by oct 2, 2018: das
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das appealed to people of the State to realise the dream of Clean India by putting in their efforts under Gram Swaraj Campaign in Khajuri of Garhwa district.
- He called upon the masses to make people aware and self-indulge in the construction of toilets and also encouraged villagers who built toilets in their houses.
- While addressing a gathering on the occasion of ‘Swachchhta Diwas’ under Gram Swaraj Campaign, he said that the Government is making concrete efforts to fulfill clean India mission.
- With the help of public participation 75 per cent work has been successfully completed. On the closing ceremony of Gram Swaraj campaign on May 5, 2018 we have to achieve 100 per cent implementation in 252 scheduled caste majority villages.
- The Government aims to make Jharkhand prosperous, healthy and clean by 2022. Youths are being trained under Skill development program and employment is being created in different sectors. Making youth self employed in their locality is the priority of Government.
· Bisket Jatra Being Celebrated In Nepal
- The Jatra begins in Nepal.
- It is believed that the festival started during Malla dynasty. In Nepal, the famous Bisket Jatra is being celebrated in Bhaktapur and other parts of Kathmandu valley.
- The nine-day annual festival marks beginning of Nepali new year.
- The Jatra begins four days before the start of new year.
· FAO Designates 14 New Sites As GIAHS
- Fourteen new sites have been designated as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS),including the first ones in Europe.
- As with other designated sites, these systems highlight agricultural traditions that promote sustainability, safeguard biodiversity and protect the environment while supporting the social and economic development necessary for stable, decent livelihoods.
- The 14 new sites range from oases to rice terraces, wasabi cultivation to raisin production.
Gk bit – GIAHS
The objectives of GIAHS are
- To understand and appreciate the nature friendly agricultural practices of local and tribal populations around the world.
- To document indigenous knowledge.
- To conserve and promote these knowledge at global scale to promote food security, sustainable development.
- Twosites recognized in India and 6 more recognized as potential sites
The two sites are-
Kashmir Valley, Pampore region
Potential Sites are –
Ladakh – Jammu & Kashmir
Raika-The Raikas are a pastoral caste Camel herding is their heritage
Catamaran Fishing – Tamilnadu
Soppina betas syaytem-Western ghats
- Vice President Launches Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that there is a need to create health coverage schemes that provide widest coverage to the young, aged and infirm and those suffering from both critical acute and chronic ailments.
- He was addressing the gathering after launching the Atal Amrit Abhiyan by Assam Government, which seeks to provide access to quality medical care to 3.2 crore people, in Guwahati, Assam.
- The Governor of Assam, Prof. Jagadish Mukhi and the Chief Minister of Assam, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal were present on the occasion.
Gk bit – Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- The state government of Assam is implementing a health insurance scheme named as Atal Amrit Abhiyan in the state. Under the scheme, the government is providing an insurance coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh per year to each family of the state. The scheme was originally launched on 25 December 2016.
- Launched to mark the 92nd birthday of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the scheme will offer coverage against 437 illnesses in six disease groups, namely, cardiovascular, cancer, kidney, neo-natal, neurological conditions and burns.
- Both Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families, with annual income below Rs 5 lakh, are eligible for the scheme.
- Bihar has highest rate of crime against SC/STs
- According to latest data released by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Bihar has the highest rate of crimes against Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe population.
- As per NCRB data, crime against SC/ST is lowest in West Bengal.
- Madhya Pradesh reported the highest rate of crime (43.4%) against SCs specifically, while West Bengal had the lowest at 6%.
- Rajasthan reported the highest rate of crime (12.9%) against STs specifically, while West Bengal had the lowest at 1.6%.
- Govt plan a Rs 637-crore Clean Air Programme
- The Modi government has finalised a Rs 637-crore National Clean Air Programme to improve the air quality in India.
- The 20-point programme shifts the onus of fighting air pollution to the state governments.
- The programme, India’s first attempt at working out a coordinated system to curb air pollution, requires all the states to frame their own Clean Air Programmes.
· Commerce Ministry Launches Digital Platform For MSME Exporters
- Commerce and Industry Minister launched the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) GlobalLinker platformfor MSME exporters in New Delhi.
- This move is aimed at assisting the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) engaged in exports.
- This initiative will help in expanding India’s multi-focused export strategy and also aid in connecting art and artisans to the market.
- FIEO GlobalLinker is setup with a view to making the business growth of SMEs simpler, more profitable and enjoyable.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes