IBPS PO Syllabus and Pattern
IBPS PO Syllabus and Pattern : Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is conducting Common Written Examination (CWE PO/MT) for the recruitment of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee vacancies in Public Sector Banks which will be conducted online. IBPS Common written examination pattern details are given below…
Exam Pattern: Common Written Examination will be conducted online which consists of objective type questions. Total mark of the exam is 200 and duration is 2 hours. There will be Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. If a question is left blank, there will be no negative marking for that question. All the tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi. The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equipercentile method.
Common Written Examination Pattern:
|Name of Tests (Objective)||Maximum|
|1||Reasoning||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)||40|
NOTE – Negative Marking of 1/4 marks
Cutoff Score: Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cutoffs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
Negative Marks: The penalty of 0.25 marks will be levied, if any wrong answer has been given. The candidates are advised that they must ensure about the correct answer while marking the answer. In other case if candidate does not attempt the question and left black it, no wrong penalty will be applicable.
Minimum Cut Off Marks: The candidates must score a minimum marks or score in each of the paper to apply for the vacancies in participating banks. The minimum cut off marks will be 24 (Gen. Category) and 21 (for reserved category).
Interview: After getting the position in the list of shortlist of the candidates for CWE PO -III, the particular organisation will be called for the interview. The total marks for interview are 100. The marks should not be less than 40% to qualify the interview. The weightage ration of CWE Exam and interview should be 80:20.
Below mentioned is the detailed syllabus of IBPS PO :
1. Reasoning –
|TOPIC||EXPECTED NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
2. English Language
|TOPIC||EXPECTED NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||0-5|
|Paragraph Complete/ Sentence Correction||5|
3. Quantitative Aptitude :
- Indian Financial System – Overview of Financial Markets (Money Market, Capital Market, Forex Market, Credit Market), Financial Intermediaries involved (like investment bankers, underwriters, stock exchanges, registrars, depositories, custodians, portfolio managers, mutual funds, primary dealers, Authorised dealers, self regulatory organizations, etc. Also read important committees and its recommendations.
- History of Indian Banking Industry – (Pre Independence, Post Independence, Nationalisation), Structure of Indian Banking, Types of Banks (Scheduled, Co-operatives), categorisation of Bank (Pvt, PSU, Foreign), NHB, SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, IDBI its role etc and concept of NBFC.
- Regulatory Bodies like – RBI, (RBI History/ Functions/ Roles/) SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC etc its role functions and fact based details
- Monetary & Credit Policies who decides, basis of change and its relation with Inflation and other related issues & Inflation (Types) CRR/ SLR/ Repo/ Re-Repo/Bank Rate etc.
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budget – Discussion of Budget related terminologies like GDP, Fiscal Deficit, Various kinds of taxes, Government revenue model and spending etc. and discussion on Union Budget 2014. Also major pointers for Rail Budget and Economic Survey to be read.
- International Organisations/ Financial Institutions – IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN related agencies, recent development in them members heads etc functions, recent loans given by them to India or any country in the world where Crisis is going on.
- Capital Market & Money Market – Concept, Types of Instruments they deal in like (1. Call/Notice Money 2. Treasury Bills 3. Term Money, 4. Certificate of Deposit 5. Commercial Papers or Capital Market Instruments like equity Shares, preference shares, or Debt segment like Debentures etc also talk about Stock Exchanges in India and world.
- Government Schemes – All important schemes for ex. Bharat Nirman, Swavlamban, Swabhiman , All schemes discussed in budget – the details like when was it introduced, important facts related to same, budgetary allocation etc.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies – Frequently discussed in newspaper
- Other important concepts like – BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending and all other important concepts.
5. Computer Knowledge –
|5||Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN)|
|6||Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)|
|7||Security Tools, Virus, Hacker|
|8||MS Windows & MS Office|
|11||History of Computers|