Some frequently asked question (FAQ)
- I have completed my graduation in XX Month / ZZ Year, As SSC exam is late so I am eligible for CGL 2015.
Ans – Candidates who have completed their graduation on or before 01.08.2015 are eligible for CGL 2015 other wise your candidature will be canceled at the time of document verification.
- Some answer keys were wrong / some questions are wrong etc etc.
Ans – Wait for official answer keys hopefully at the end of August 2015. These keys are not official keys, only for an idea to what is your approx score.
- I am scoring XX Marks, YY Marks, ZZ Marks should I qualify for Tier 2.
Ans – Candidates scoring more than expected cut off should start preparation of Tier 2 Exam. Candidates scoring nearby expected cut off is doubted candidates. Candidates scoring less than expected cut off marks should start the preparation of CGL 2016.
- I used whitener, filled wrong details or forget to sign or LTI, will my OMR Evaluate.
Ans – Answer Sheet not bearing candidate’s Name, Roll No, signature, Test Form No., Ticket No. and LTI will not evaluated. Any change/corrections in responses or use of correcting fluid is prohibited. If someone has used the fluid / whitener in Roll No, Test Form No. & Ticket No. than it may be problematic. In case of use of whitener in a question than that particular question will not evaluate.
- What is the expected month of result declaration & Tier 2 Exam dates?
Ans – Probably Result will declare in mid of September 2015. Probably Tier II Exam will conduct on 18th or 25th October 2015.
- Is Tier 1 Exam is of Qualifying Nature?
Ans – Few people have floated a photograph stating that Tier is of Qualifying nature & claiming that this the copy of RTI received from SSC. Till yet no authenticity of that RTI & no official notification from SSC regarding this issue.
- WHETHER MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED
Yes. In the case of online applications, the last application will be accepted as valid and in case of offline or paper applications, the regional office will have the discretion to accept any application of their choice.
- WHETHER MULTIPLE APLLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED FOR DIFFERENT REGIONS?
There is no bar. However, I had decided in CGLE 2012 that the least of the marks- in the event of multiple appearances for Tier I- will be taken into account. I hope that the same procedure is being followed now. Therefore, multiple appearances may not be fruitful. Though you can file multiple applications my advice is that you should appear for the examination only once.
- WHETHER THOSE UR CANDIDATES BORN BETWEEN 1ST January 1988 and 31st July 1988, and OBC, SC AND ST CANDIDATES CORRESPONDINGLY SHOULD OPT FOR ALL POSTS?
Yes. In the event of DoPT deciding not to accept their representation to count age limit as on 1st January 2015, SSC will consider you only for the posts for which you are eligible. The danger of opting for only those three or four posts you may be eligible as of date is that SSC may not allow you to exercise fresh options later.
- WHETHER SSC WILL SEEK FRESH OPTIONS IN CGLE 2015 TOO AFTER TIER I AND II?
The present policy makers in SSC have consistently followed the policy of allowing fresh options at the time of interview or document verification. As change in the setup is expected- the present Chairman will complete his tenure on 31st Dec 2015- it is difficult to anticipate what his successor will do. It is better, therefore, to exercise due diligence before exercising fresh options.
- IF THERE IS NO CONFIRMATORY EMAIL FROM SSC AFTER SUBMISSION OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION, WHETHER IT IS ADVISABLE TO SUBMIT FRESH APLICATION?
The affected candidates should have brought it to the notice of SSC. But, SSC waits for mistakes to be pointed out by me before taking corrective action! I feel that the advantage will lie in submitting fresh applications in such cases at an additional cost of Rs 100 rather than repenting later.
- HOW ARE 3 CHANCES FOR CSS ASISTANT COUNTED? WHTHER THE NO OF CAHNCES IS 3 FOR OBC, SC AND ST TOO?
As far as I know the number of chances is three irrespective if the category to which you belong. In my view, appearing for Tier I after opting for the CSS in the application should count as a chance. I do not know, however, whether the SSC intends to cause any verification of the number of chances or have developed any mechanism for such verification.
- WHETHER JAT CANDIDATES SHOULD APLLY AS BELONGING TO UR OR OBC AS THE GOVERNMENT HAS SOUGHT A REVIEW OF 2 Judges Bench IN JAT OBC CASE?
In my view they should apply as OBC candidates and if the larger bench of Supreme Court decides to uphold the order of the lower bench SSC will redetermine their result as UR. The danger of not claiming OBC status in the application is that if the verdict goes in favour of JAT community, they cannot claim OBC status after the verdict.
- WHETHER GOVERNMENT SERVANTS CLAIMIMG AGE RELAXATION AS CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES SHOULD TREAT THE POST OF ITI AS GROUP B OR C, AS THERE ARE DIFFERENT AGE LIMITS FOR THEM FOR Gr B and C POSTS?
They should treat ITI as Gr C for claiming age relaxation, If the CBDT treats the post as Gr B, SSC will not consider them for that post if they are over 35 (38 in case of OBC and 40 in case of SC and ST), but consider them for other Gr C posts.
- WHETHER BANK AND PSU OFFICALS REQUIRE NOC?
No. Even Government employees require NOC only if they claim age relaxation as Central Government Civilian Employees. However, Government employees should keep their Head of Office informed when they apply, but need not route the application through proper channel. Without such information they may find it difficult to get relieved after final selection and continuity in service- for pension and gratuity purpose besides pay protection in eligible cases, will be difficult.
- FINAL YEAR/SEMESTER APPEARING STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED TO APPEAR. HOW WILL THEIR ELIGIBILITY BE COMPUTED? WHAT SHOULD THEY FILL IN THE % OF MARKS COLUMN IN THE APPLICATION?
Their result should be published before 1st August 2015 and even if the mark sheets are dated after that if they produce documentary evidence that their results were published on or before 31st july 2015, they will be considered eligible. They can fill in the average marks up to the last semester examination they have passed and update it at the time of interview/ document verification.
- WHICH ARE THE POSTS FOR WHICH COLOUR BLINDNESS IS A DISQUALIFICATION?
The fact is that nobody knows! The Medical Boards decide in their wisdom and detailed guidelines are not given to them by the individual departments. However, once you are finally selected you lose your selection on the basis of the examination if you are found to be medically unfit for the post and SSC will not reallot you to any other post. Generally speaking, posts under the CBEC, ED, CBI, CBN and NIA require colour discrimination because of the nature of the duties. It is advisable to avoid exercising option for such posts.
- IN CGL 2014 VH CANDIDATES WERE SELECTED FOR ITI AND CENTRAL EXCISE INSPECTOR THOUGH THE NOTICE OF THE EXAMINATION CLEARLY SAID THAT THEY WERE NOT ELIGIBLE. WHETHER VH CANDIDATES SHOULD OPT FOR THESES POSTS IN CGL 2015?
Yes. If they are not suitable SSC will not consider them for these posts at the time of result processing.