Social structure denotes the network of social relationship. The social relationship is created among the individuals when they interact with each other according to their statuses in accordance with the patterns of society.
Features of Indian society:
- Complex society
- Mainly rural society with 70% of population residing in village.
- Casteism is deep rooted.
- Different cultural elements with language being the most distinct entity.
- Presence of Racial diversity
- Regionalism and sub regionalism is very high. Existence of Communalism.
- Traditions, rituals and custom are Very much part of Indian society.
- Simple society, Tribal society are part and parcel of Indian social structure.