Climate change is a result of rapid global warming. The increase of average temperature of earth is termed as Global warming. Global warming is a natural process which has been accelerated by anthropogenic activities. Because of this earth is not getting time to adjust to this change. This is causing climate change.
Effect on fauna:
- Migratory roots are changing for the birds. For example The arrival of Siberian cranes in India is delayed and they are returning to Russia a bit early.
- The breeding pattern of birds and aquatic animals is also changing. Tropical fish species are shifting to more temperate waters.
- Vector borne diseases which were found in tropical areas are also shifting to temperate regions.
- There is a large scale habitat loss. This is the single biggest reason of pushing species to the brink of extinction. Many endemic species which are confined to a small area likeislands have become critically endangered. Right now, 6th mass extinction is going on.
- Many polar species are finding it uncomfortable to survive in the polar waters because temperature is increasing.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes