DRDO is the R&D wing of Ministry of Defence, Govt of India, with a vision to empower India with cutting-edge defence technologies and a mission to achieve self-reliance in critical defence technologies and systems, while equipping our armed forces with state-of-the-art weapon systems and equipment in accordance with requirements laid down by the three Services. DRDO’s pursuit of self-reliance and successful indigenous development and production of strategic systems and platforms such as Agni and Prithvi series of missiles; light combat aircraft, Tejas; multi-barrel rocket launcher, Pinaka; air defence system, Akash; a wide range of radars and electronic warfare systems; etc., have given quantum jump to India’s military might, generating effective deterrence and providing crucial leverage.
Achievements of DRDO:
Ground Based, Ship Borne, Air Borne & Manportable Radar Systems
- Rajendra Radar for AKASH Weapon System for IAF & Indian Army
- 3D Surveillance Radars for IAF, Indian Army & Navy – Rohini, 3DTCR & Revathi
- Man portable Radars for IAF & Indian Army – Bharani, Aslesha, BFSR
Laser Based Instruments & Laser Sources
- Ruggedized 1 kW Fibre Laser Source.
- OTL 300
- Explosive Identifier systems for detection of explosives
Ground Based, Ship Borne & Air Borne COMINT, ELINT & EW Systems
- Programme SAMYUKTA – Integrated EW System for Plains & Deserts for Indian Army.
- Programme SANGRAHA – Family of EW suites for different Naval Platforms
- Advanced ESM System for Capital naval ships (VARUNA)
- Internal Electronic Warfare (EW) System for Radar Warning and Jamming (RWJ) for upgraded MiG-29 platform Multi-Emitter
- Production model of Ground Based Mobile ELINT System