The vision of the programme is centred on three key areas
- Digital infrastructure as Utility to Every Citizen
- Governance and services on demand
- Digital empowerment of citizens
Digital Infrastructure as Utility to Every Citizen
- Availability of high speed internet as a core utility for delivery of services to citizens.
- Cradle to grave digital identity that is unique, lifelong, online and authenticable to every citizen.
- Mobile phone and Bank account enabling citizen participation in digital and financial space.
- Easy access to a Common Service Centre.
- Shareable private space on a public Cloud.
- Safe and secure Cyber-space.
Governance and Services on Demand
- Seamlessly integrated across departments or jurisdictions.
- Services availability in real time from online and mobile platforms.
- All citizen entitlements to be available on the Cloud to ensure easy access.
- Government services digitally transformed for improving Ease of Doing Business.
- Making financial transactions above a threshold, electronic and cashless.
- Leveraging GIS for decision support systems and development.
Digital Empowerment of Citizens
- Universal digital literacy.
- All digital resources universally accessible.
- All Government documents/ certificates to be available on the Cloud.
- Availability of digital resources / services in Indian languages.
- Collaborative digital platforms for participative governance.
- Portability of all entitlements for individuals through the Cloud.