National Biopharma scheme is an industry academia collaborative mission launched by Department of Biotechnology to develop new vaccines, bio-therapeutics, diagnostics and medical devices. The mission will be implemented by BIRAC( Biotechnology Industry Research assistance Council) .
- Nurture an ecosystem for preparing India’s technological and product developmental capabilities
- Transform the health standards of India through affordable products.
- To promote entrepreneurship and indigenous manufacturing in the sector
- Enhancing technology transfer and IPR management capacities
- Building human capital and establishing shared infrastructure facilities for both product discovery validation and manufacturing.
- The initial focus will be on vaccines for HPV, dengue and rheumatoid arthritis and medical devices and diagnostics.