The key functions of DAPCUS are:
- DAPCUs, through active engagement of the district administration mobilise response from allied line departments and private sector in mainstreaming the programme.
- Initiates evidence based district-specific initiatives by leveraging local resources.
- Facilitates in linking vulnerable population with various social entitlement and welfare schemes under the mechanism of DAPCU led single window approach.
- DAPCUs mentors facility staff in efficient delivery of services, conducts impact monitoring through regular supervisory visits to HIV facilities, monthly review meetings and management and use of multiple databases (SIMS/MCTS/PCTS).
- Based on these regular monitoring mechanisms, DAPCUs coordinate among NACP as well as NHM facilities and functionaries in strengthening referrals and linkages.
- Apart from these, DAPCUs address supply chain management issues through inter and intra-district transfers and liquidation of advance.
- Other activities entrusted by SACS such as setting up of FICTCs in both Government and PPP mode, facilitating Migrant Health Camps, Mid-media campaigns under IEC program, preparation of district epidemiological profile are also part of their functions