Space technology is not just about space exploration but it has huge role to play in socio-economic field.
- Socio-Economic development through application of space technology: Survey of various mineral and natural resources have been made possible through remote sensing.
- Management of these resources, their development conservation and formulation of various policies are affectively done with the use of information derived through remote sensing.
- Various meteorological services including information about monsoon, climate flood, cyclonic activities etc are provided through the technologies.
- It has developed communication technology in India.
- They have proved very useful in spread of education. Even in remote areas, the expertise educations have been made possible through the talk back channels of INSAT-3D satellite.
- They have helped in environment conservation programmes estimation of agricultural production and water resources information’s.
- Green revolution had been made possible through this technology.
- The concept of “Gramsat” satellites have emerged to provide the basic requirements of villages.
- Apart from these various uses, the space programme has helped in social cultural and scientific consolidation and harmony.