. The basic parts of a computer are as follows ?
- Input Unit ? Devices like keyboard and mouse that are used to input data and instructions to the computer are called input unit.
- Output Unit ? Devices like printer and visual display unit that are used to provide information to the user in desired format are called output unit.
- Control Unit ? As the name suggests, this unit controls all the functions of the computer. All devices or parts of computer interact through the control unit.
- Arithmetic Logic Unit ? This is the brain of the computer where all arithmetic operations and logical operations take place.
- Memory ? All input data, instructions and data interim to the processes are stored in the memory. Memory is of two types – primary memory and secondary memory. Primary memory resides within the CPU whereas secondary memory is external to it.