DRDO has played a stellar role since its inception in 1958. Having established a sound ecosystem and supported by a large pool of committed manpower, we have today a proven competence to produce strategic and state-of-the-art tactical military hardware and related technologies, in diverse disciplines covering Aeronautics, Missiles, Naval Systems, Armament & Combat Engineering, Electronics, Materials and Life Sciences. The role of DRDO is discussed hereunder:
- Life sciences:
- Technology for dengue control: DRDO has developed a new technology using this attractant in combination with Insect Growth Regulators (IGR) to form an attracticide having “Lure and Kill” property. The attracticide can successfully attract the females to lay eggs in water containing attractant. These eggs hatch into larva but do not transform in to adults.
- Water testing kit: The kit is designed to yield semi-quantitative results and provides water testing facilities for both physico-chemical and bacteriological parameters on accept/reject basis. It gives results on pH, fluoride, turbidity, nitrate, total hardness, residual chlorine, chloride, iron, and coliform bacteria.
- DRDO has successfully tried a plant bio-technological approach for genetic transformation in tomato crop. Accordingly, a tomato variety Pusa Ruby was introgressed with Osmotin gene through Agrobacterium meDIATed genetic transformation to enhance inbuilt cold stress tolerance.
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE PERFUSION IMAGING:
Perfusion ideally represents a mean of measuring blood delivery to tissues at the capillary level. It depends on physiological parameters such as blood pressure, velocity of flow, capillary network, and also on microvascular anatomy, histology, blood microcirculation, and the blood- tissue exchange rates. Cerebral capillary flow rate has been estimated to be of the order of 1.5 mm/s. The application of perfusion imaging or microvascular hemodynamic imaging techniques to the brain is likely to have a significant impact on the study of ischemic disease and stroke, in the initial evaluation and in assessment of reperfusion related to interventional trials, as well as characterisation and understanding of intracranial pathophysiology.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes