EI is the ability to understand and regulate our emotions and that of others to handle interpersonal relationships effectively.
Need for EI:
- Work environment of civil services has become much more complex, even hostile at times.
- There’s multiplicity of work (new schemes) and shortage of personnel.
- Civil service itself is beset with problems of corruption, inefficiency, external pressures, extensive paper work etc.
- People have become more aware and demanding towards good governance.
- Public policies are scrutinized in much detail due to media and the internet.
- Therefore, it is easy to lose control over one’s emotions in such a high pressure situation on daily basis.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes