The CISF came into existence in 1969 with a modest beginning, having three battalions, to provide integrated security cover to the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) which, in those years, occupied the commanding heights of the economy. In a span of four decades, the Force has grown several folds to reach one lakh forty eight thousand and three hundred seventy one personnel today. With globalization and liberalization of the economy, CISF is no longer a PSU-centric organization. Instead, it has become a premier multi-skilled security agency of the country, mandated to provide security to major critical infrastructure installations of the country in diverse areas.
CISF now offers a highly professional option to the private businesses to design their security based on the vast experience of CISF in diverse industrial environments across the country for more than three decades. CISF offers its clients complete security solutions, which includes:
- Threat Perception & Risk analysis
- Access Control & Perimeter protection
- Assessment of Manpower requirements
- Security systems applications
- Security & Fire Audit
- Document security
- Procedures for material Security.
- Internal intelligence.
- Fire protection measures Crisis management schemes Executive Protection.
- Crowd control and management procedures
- Training in security & fire protection matters to the officers and men of the organization & Security Wing31