Aadhaar is a verifiable 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI to the resident of India for free of cost. Aadhaar ecosystem comprises of core infrastructures with the objective of providing enrolment, update & authentication services.
Advantage of Aadhar:
- We never had a universally acceptable and portable Id.
- Aadhar is a free initiative and fully inclusive.
- Centralisation of data to prevent its duplication.
- It is the backbone of digitisation.
- Inclusive Id serves no purpose if they are not verifiable. So, Aadhaar completely address this problem.
- UIDAI know the details and is committed to upheld the privacy.
Hence Aadhar will help to achieve the SDG-16( to provide legal identity for all including birth registration), It will also help to everyone count and bring under the umbrella of welfare schemes and policies.