The Investigation & Anti Corruption Division (Delhi Special Police Establishment) was entrusted with the following mandate in the resolution although it continued to derive its jurisdiction and powers from DSPE Act, 1946.
- Cases in which public servants under the control of the Central Government are involved either by themselves or along with State Government servants and/or other persons.
- Cases in which the interests of the Central Government, or of any public sector project or undertaking, or any statutory corporation or body set up and financed by the Government of India are involved.
- Cases relating to breaches of Central Laws with the enforcement of which the Government of India is particularly concerned
- Important and serious cases in Union Territories particularly those by professional criminals.
- Serious cases of fraud, cheating and embezzlement relating to Public Joint Stock Companies.
- Other cases of a serious nature, when committed by organised gangs or professional criminals, or cases having ramifications in several States including Union Territories, serious cases of spurious drugs, important cases of kidnapping of children by professional inter State gangs, etc. These cases will be taken up only at the request of or with the concurrence of the State Governments/Union Territories Administrations concerned.
- Collection of intelligence about corruption in the public services and the projects and undertakings in the public sector.
- Prosecution of cases investigated by this Division.
- Presentation of cases before Enquiry Offices in which departmental proceedings are instituted on the recommendation of this Division.