The conditions can be summarised as below:
- Large scale migration has created a fear in the minds of people that they will be reduced to minority in their own states or regions. Migrants threaten their culture sand traditions and also occupy already limited employment opportunities. Migration of Muslims has also imparted it a communal color.
- Lack of economic opportunities and governance deficit making it easier for people to feel alienated and left out and thus providing support for insurgency.
- Porous international borders and easy availability of arms.
- Difficult terrain and weak infrastructure facilitating insurgents involved in conflict.
- Deep sense of alienation due to human right violation and excesses by security forces.