Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA) was a revolutionary organisation, also known as Hindustan Socialist Republican Army established in the year 1928 at Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi by Chandrasekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and other group members.
- Previously,it was known as Hindustan Republican Association (HRA) .
- Likewise the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA) was also a revolutionary organisation.
- HRA became the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association, with the change of name probably being largely due to the influence of Bhagat Singh
- It worked more dangerously from 1928 to 1931 in the Indian subcontinent to uproot the British Raj from the country through armed struggle.
- At the request of Bhagat Singh, the newly-named HSRA resolved to bomb members of the Simon Commission and also to cease robbing rich people, the latter being a realization that the Kakori conspirators had suffered most from the evidence given by such people