- Economic Critique of British Empire: It was perhaps the most important contribution ofthe moderates. RC Dutt, DadabhaiNaroji (Drain Theory). They also exposed the ill effectof foreign capital in India in form of suppression of Indian industries.
? Constitutional Reforms: Indian Councils Act of 1892 was result of their efforts which increased the number of members in Imperial Legislative Council as well as Provincial Legislative Council.
? Efforts for national unit: To unite India politically, Congress sessions were held in different cities every year and initially president would have been from a city other than the hosting city.
? A truly representative body: It has representation from all parts of India, from all castesand religions. Its early presidents included – Muslims, Hindus, Parsis and even Britishers.
? Administrative Reforms: Indianisation of higher civil services
? Defence of Civil rights: They vouched for freedom of press, freedom of speech etc.
? They also opposed aggressive foreign policy towards India’s neighbors.
? Formed public opinion and aroused nationalism.JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes