As an answer to Lord Birkenhead’s challenge, an All Parties Conference met in February 1928and appointed a subcommittee under the chairmanship of Motilal Nehru to draft a. This was the first major attempt by the Indians to draft a constitutionalframework for the country. The committee included Tej Bahadur Sapru, Subhash Bose, M.S.Aney, Mangal Singh, Ali Imam, Shuab Qureshi and G.R. Pradhan as its members. The report wasfinalised by August 1928.
- Dominion status on lines of self-governing dominions as the form of government.
- Rejection of separate electorates; instead, a demand for joint electorates with
reservation of seats for Muslims.
- Linguistic provinces.
- Nineteen fundamental rights including equal rights for women, right to form unions, and
universal adult suffrage.
- Responsible government at the centre and in provinces
- Full protection to cultural and religious interests of Muslims.
- Complete dissociation of state from religion.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes