Significance of the movement:
- It gave a new life to the passive state of freedom struggle after swadeshi movement.
- Its methodology of organising meetings, seminars, lantern lectures lead to the infusing of Nationalism among masses.
- It prepared masses for upcoming struggle under the leadership of Gandhi.
- Gave Organisational strength to the Congress.
- It forced government to listen to the demands and ultimately August offer was announced in the month of 1917.
- It helped to increase political literacy among the untouched masses.