The main achievements of Green Revolution may be summarized as under:
- The production and productivity of wheat, rice, maize, and bajra has increased substantially.
- India has become almost self-sufficient in the matter of staple foods.
- The double cropped area has increased; thereby intensification of the Indian agriculture has increased.
- In the areas where Green Revolution is a success, the farmers have moved from subsistent to market oriented economy, especially in Punjab, Haryana, western Uttar Pradesh, and the plain districts of Uttarakhand (Hardwar and Udhamsinghnagar).
- The adoption of High Yielding Varieties under the Green Revolution has generated more rural and urban employment.
- Green Revolution has increased the income of farmers and landless labourers, especially that of the big farmers and the semi-skilled rural workers. Thus Green Revolution has increased rural prosperity.
- Green Revolution has created jobs in the areas of biological (seed fertilisers) innovations, and repair of agricultural equipments and machinery.